POI XML Question

Riamus

There has been some discussion in Teragon's Discord relating to the POI XML and what is or isn't being used for POI placement.  I was hoping I might get some clarification about this?  @Laz Man, maybe you can help since this is your area of expertise?  :)

In the XML, you usually have these 3 properties:  AllowedTownships, Zoning, and Tags.  My understanding is Zoning isn't used anymore.  It also seems like AllowedTownships isn't really being used for placement.  It seems that, at least in A20/A21, Tags are all that are used for placement.

So, for example, abandoned_house_01 has zoning of ResidentialOld and AllowedTownships of city,town,rural,wilderness and Tags of wilderness.  Should we expect this to only appear in the wilderness (based on Tags) or also in city, town, and rural (based on AllowedTownships)?  Or also in ResidentialOld (based on zoning)?

Another example: bar_01 has zoning of commerical,downtown and AllowedTownships of city,town,rural,wilderness and Tags of countrytown,nodiagonal.  Would this only appear in countrytown or also commercial and downtown or also wilderness and rural?

I think placement is just Tags, but I would like to know for certain.  Thanks.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, Riamus said:

There has been some discussion in Teragon's Discord relating to the POI XML and what is or isn't being used for POI placement.  I was hoping I might get some clarification about this?  @Laz Man, maybe you can help since this is your area of expertise?  :)

In the XML, you usually have these 3 properties:  AllowedTownships, Zoning, and Tags.  My understanding is Zoning isn't used anymore.  It also seems like AllowedTownships isn't really being used for placement.  It seems that, at least in A20/A21, Tags are all that are used for placement.

So, for example, abandoned_house_01 has zoning of ResidentialOld and AllowedTownships of city,town,rural,wilderness and Tags of wilderness.  Should we expect this to only appear in the wilderness (based on Tags) or also in city, town, and rural (based on AllowedTownships)?  Or also in ResidentialOld (based on zoning)?

Another example: bar_01 has zoning of commerical,downtown and AllowedTownships of city,town,rural,wilderness and Tags of countrytown,nodiagonal.  Would this only appear in countrytown or also commercial and downtown or also wilderness and rural?

I think placement is just Tags, but I would like to know for certain.  Thanks.

Zoning and allowedbiomes and allowed townships aren't used at all. Tags are the only one required since a20

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

Zoning and allowedbiomes and allowed townships aren't used at all. Tags are the only one required since a20

I believe this is correct.  AFAIK, tags and the bias weighting properties within the rwgmixer.xml are the only things being used for POI placement within RWG games.