Increasing heat when on?

I'm trying to add a heatmap effect to a modified speaker, but it isn't working. I looked at the forge and dew collectors to see how they worked and replicated the code, but it is NOT increasing heat when I manually turn one on.

<block name="DHTA_Zed_Caller">
    <property name="Extends" value="speaker"/>
    <property name="CustomIcon" value="speaker"/>
    <property name="RequiredPower" value="100"/>
    <property name="HeatMapStrength" value="10"/>
    <property name="HeatMapTime" value="5000"/>
    <property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="1000"/>
</block>

I have it jacked up to 10% right now, but it never seems to increase the heatmap (viewing with F8 in debug mode). Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth
Forgot I cannot use the "code" tags here (see edit history)

I have done some experimenting and believe that I know what the issue is. Each of these special blocks has a "Class" member. My gut tells me that classes like "Forge" and "Torch" have the heatmap stuff in their C# code and that the "Speaker" class does not. This means that the only sounds that would raise the heatmap would be gunshots and trap floors that fall in. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

With that said, is there any truth to this theory? If so then I cannot make enough noise even at a concert hall to call in a screamer. Guess I'll make a torch as hot as the sun that players can use to attract zeds for now.

I don't believe we can access the C# code anyway, so no big deal. I made a super-torch that increases the heat map by 25% every minute or so. It has the same effect but is less believable. I wanted to have a tower with a few loudspeakers on it. Wire them to a switch. Flip the switch, enjoy the screamers, and turn it off when done.

Quick question. How is heat increase calculated for torches? It appears to tick every sixty seconds, but it doesn't increase by the value on the torch. I just set a custom torch item to 50 strength and placed four on a wall. The zone had no heat, then it spiked to 80 based on four torches. Shouldn't that be 200? Not sure how 50 * 4 equals 80.