Error trying to join a friend's game

Hugo

Hi, I played with my friend until night 14 and the server stopped working, so we decided to create a new game and we just reached night 14 and I crached and can't join anymore. I have exceptions for the game in my anti-virus but still crash sometimes and can't join anymore after night 14. here's the log file

https://pastebin.com/k3vKrmaT

Edited by SylenThunder
Not sure why following instructions is so hard. USE PASTEBIN (see edit history)

First of all, logs should be posted on pastebin.com so you don't have a ton to scroll through on the forum.  Second, although due to being pasted here, I can't read the log well on my phone, I would assume your profile got corrupted.  The server admin would need to delete your profile and give you back your experience and items.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

First of all, lots should be posted on pastebin.com so you don't have a ton to scroll through on the forum.  Second, although due to being pasted here, I can't read the log will on my phone, I would assume your profile got corrupted.  The server admin would need to delete your profile and give you back your experience and items.

Doesn't matter. Log didn't show anything other than the server starting up, and then being shut down literally ten seconds later.

@Hugo Try posting a log where the server was online, and you tried to connect to it. Include your client log as well. And freaking use Pastebin like you are instructed to do, and don't post a wall of log again.

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Doesn't matter. Log didn't show anything other than the server starting up, and then being shut down literally ten seconds later.

@Hugo Try posting a log where the server was online, and you tried to connect to it. Include your client log as well. And freaking use Pastebin like you are instructed to do, and don't post a wall of log again.

I'm sorry for not using pastebin like I was supposed to. I'm french so I don't understand everything. Also I'm not that great with computer so I'm not sure which log client I am supposed to give because there's 10 client log files. I also said it was a server because in my language we call it like that but it's more like a private game.

Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry for not using pastebin.

We would need to see the log from the person having trouble connecting.  It is in their logs folder on their computer.  You need the most recent log that shows them trying to connect and getting disconnected.  Without that, there isn't much that can be offered for advice other than what I said earlier, that the profile is likely corrupted and, if so, would need to be deleted from the server.

And, just so you are aware, you are right to call it a server.  The log you showed is from a server, not from a client.

47 minutes ago, Riamus said:

We would need to see the log from the person having trouble connecting.  It is in their logs folder on their computer.  You need the most recent log that shows them trying to connect and getting disconnected.  Without that, there isn't much that can be offered for advice other than what I said earlier, that the profile is likely corrupted and, if so, would need to be deleted from the server.

And, just so you are aware, you are right to call it a server.  The log you showed is from a server, not from a client.

Alright here's the link to a pastebin with my entire log where we see when I try to connect to the world and get disconnected.

https://pastebin.com/3xJH3z6C

4 minutes ago, Hugo said:

Alright here's the link to a pastebin with my entire log where we see when I try to connect to the world and get disconnected.

https://pastebin.com/3xJH3z6C

Just to note, that laptop is just barely capable. Min spec is a 2.8GHz CPU, and they're rolling in with 2.3GHz as their starting point. It'll be 1.5GHz as soon as it gets hot.

Then right off the bat there is a connection problem when trying to make the initial handshake. 

After that it starts loading data from the server, and throws errors about an invalid block type. This is typically the result of the client missing mods that are required to connect to the host. Since the client is on XBL, they aren't going to be able to install any mods that require disabling EAC. Which is pretty much every overhaul and most asset mods.

At the end, it's just a bunch of network errors. Which could be a network problem, an antivirus problem, or just a cascade effect from the previous issues.

I would start with them ensuring the client is properly excluded from AV software. (Covered in the Pinned FAQ thread.) Then validate the files a few times to ensure nothing is missing.  If there is still an issue at that point, then it's time to start looking into other things like network connectivity, cooling and power settings for the craptop to keep it from having the same performance as a PS4, and again, validating any mods being used on the host are server-side mods that don't require client-side installation.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, Hugo said:

here's the link to a pastebin with my entire log

Try a public server and see if that works. I assume Single Player works for you, yes?

Try the "Network Workaround" setting in the Options/General menu. If that doesn't

help, here are some of the most common things that cause network problems with

the game:

1: AntiVirus: Add folder exclusions for the game folder and the save folder in your antivirus software. (on both client and server)

2: Using Wifi. (WiFi is half-duplex, encrypted, and subject to interference) Use Ethernet instead.

3: oem gaming or lighting software like Gamefirst from Asus, Dell, HP, Corsair, Razor, etc. Uninstall all this junkware.

4: VPN or proxy: Use split tunneling to add an exception for the game.
    Or turn off the vpn.