Game breaking bug: MP save stability is utterly broken (multiple issues) with no apparent workaround or fix

Mika_L

Summary:

Game's stability is utterly broken (multiple issues) with no apparent workaround or fix

Game Version: (A21.1 b16 buildID: 11888660)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (Intel i7 10700K)

System Memory: (16 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia RTX 3070 16GB)

Screen Resolution: (1920x1080)

Video Settings: (Ultra)

Game mode: (MP host)

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off? BOTH

Bug Description:

Game's stability is utterly broken for the host only (multiple issues)

Steps to reproduce:

1) Host a multiplayer game for numerous hours on Steam

2) Sneak in base

3) AFK for a few minutes

4) Observe the issue

Actual result:

Multiple issues linked with stability are observed:

- Host is unable to jump (unless they stand on a vehicle, or are close to the Gyrocopter/4x4)

- Host can hardly interact with containers and vehicles (host has to aim towards the bottom of the object - very little interactive box)

- Host is "sliding", meaning when host runs in a direction and stops, they would not stop immediately but instead slide for half a second

- Both Client and Host's jump animations are not triggered when jumping

- Sometimes, game would become super laggy and textures, lighting and shaders would glitch as well (recalc stability fixes it)

- Vehicles are slightly "buried" underground (the wheels are 1/4 into the ground)

- Motorbikes and Bicycles are standing (instead of leaning to the side)

- Sometimes, Gyrocopter would start glitching and repositioning randomly vertically (recalc stability fixes it)

- Zombies are glitching (falling into the ground texture + resetting position endlessly - they would be able to attack once if host is standing next to them)

Expected result:

Game's stability is ok and none of the above issues are observed.

Notes:

- This MP save was started on B12 and bug occurs on B16

- Bug occurs only for the HOST, other players are not affected by it

- Using the "Recalc stability" debug option seems to fix the issue for a short while (3 seconds) then the bug starts to occur again

- Restarting a new game does not feature the issue

- File integrity verification did not fix the issue

- Rebooting the PC did not fix the issue

- Dying and respawning does not fix the issue

- I have a lot of videos to illustrate the issue, but I cannot upload them here

- This is the first time I see this issue, and I've been playing this game since 2014

- The steps to reproduce are merely describing the events after which the bug was first observed, I basically snuck into my base, and went AFK to grab something to drink. When I came back, the game was like this

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/vVZeUWMD (note that I had to cut the first part of the log because the size of the complete log would exceed Pastebin's 512k limit)

I have plenty of other logs to show but using pastebin is a hassle. Let me know if you need more logs.

I also tried to find the Server's logs following the instructions provided, but the output__log files are not present.

OP here, at this point, this game is lost for me and my friend. We can't possibly play anymore. This is a real shame, and funnily enough I was just telling my friend yesterday that I was surprised by the little amount of bugs this game has now. I guess I jinxed it!

I remain active and I'm monitoring this thread so do not hesitate asking me more details/logs/videos