In-game advanced item usage

KuroiRyuuga

I am wondering if there is a way, in-game, to use the creative menu lights and triggering switches and such.  You know, like the buttons or hanging keys that open doors at the end of a POI, or some of the areas where you approach a point and the lights turn themselves on.  Good example, the "roadside_strip" POI has a small garage with a button that will repeatedly open and close a garage door concealing loot a few feet away.  I want to be able to to that at will.  I can find all the items in the Creative menu, but is there a way to tell the game how to connect them?  Or do you have to be able to program?  I mean, an in-game tool that allows you to connect items in such a way that, if you connect a light to a switch, it turns it on and off.  That kind of thing.  There are a bunch of cool new objects in A21, and I would love to use them in my base, for aesthetic purposes.

11 hours ago, KuroiRyuuga said:

I am wondering if there is a way, in-game, to use the creative menu lights and triggering switches and such.  You know, like the buttons or hanging keys that open doors at the end of a POI, or some of the areas where you approach a point and the lights turn themselves on.  Good example, the "roadside_strip" POI has a small garage with a button that will repeatedly open and close a garage door concealing loot a few feet away.  I want to be able to to that at will.  I can find all the items in the Creative menu, but is there a way to tell the game how to connect them?  Or do you have to be able to program?  I mean, an in-game tool that allows you to connect items in such a way that, if you connect a light to a switch, it turns it on and off.  That kind of thing.  There are a bunch of cool new objects in A21, and I would love to use them in my base, for aesthetic purposes.

You cannot use those except in a POI.  The game offers you a switch that can be used to open powered doors if you want and you can use a motion sensor to turn on lights when they see you.  But you have to stick to what is available in the game and not in the creative menu.  If it's available in the game to craft, loot, or buy, then you can give those items to yourself from the creative menu but any POI-only items cannot be used other than just a decorative items.

There are tutorials online for how to use electricity in the game to connect things like switches and motion sensors.

22 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You cannot use those except in a POI.  The game offers you a switch that can be used to open powered doors if you want and you can use a motion sensor to turn on lights when they see you.  But you have to stick to what is available in the game and not in the creative menu.  If it's available in the game to craft, loot, or buy, then you can give those items to yourself from the creative menu but any POI-only items cannot be used other than just a decorative items.

There are tutorials online for how to use electricity in the game to connect things like switches and motion sensors.

Yeah, I know all the normal electrical systems, and I will likely end up using them.  But why would they bother making them available in the creative menu if you can't actually use them the way that they use them?  It really wouldn't be hard.  But down a button switch, put down a light, use a tool that connects their code.  If-then statements.  "If button switch is pressed, then light turns on/off."  The game TimeSplitters: Future Perfect from almost 20 years ago had a function like that in their map maker.  I know they aren't craftable items, so therefore not vanilla, but especially since I play solo, wouldn't it be ok to embellish my base a little?

42 minutes ago, KuroiRyuuga said:

Yeah, I know all the normal electrical systems, and I will likely end up using them.  But why would they bother making them available in the creative menu if you can't actually use them the way that they use them?  It really wouldn't be hard.  But down a button switch, put down a light, use a tool that connects their code.  If-then statements.  "If button switch is pressed, then light turns on/off."  The game TimeSplitters: Future Perfect from almost 20 years ago had a function like that in their map maker.  I know they aren't craftable items, so therefore not vanilla, but especially since I play solo, wouldn't it be ok to embellish my base a little?

Creative has everything that is in the game, regardless of whether it's a POI item or an in-game item.  That's just how Creative is designed.  I do think that POI-only items should be hidden unless you enable them similar to dev items but that's a minor thing.  There is probably a mod that offers push buttons for your base.  I don't know why they don't offer non-POI versions of things like push buttons.  Maybe that will come later or maybe they don't intend to make those available.  I'm really less concerned about things like that than the many objects that aren't available, including doors, appliances, etc.

It does not make sense to limit the creative menu to just working items and there is more to just placing those items to get them to work correctly.  

I am not sure if there is a better way to do this outside of taking dev time up for a feature that almost no one will notice let alone use.