Lag Spikes on server even with awesome Connection

CHXDanzi

Hello,

First of all sorry for my english. It is not my first language. 

I have an issue and idk if somebody ever had it before. 

Iam hosting currently a server for some friends of mine (Debian 12, 6vCores, 16GB Ram, 1000 mb Internet) 

I was testing if everything works fine with mods etc, getting some subshaders errors but i read already that i can ignore them. 

The actuall problem is my ping goes between 18-400 ms and i cant find the problem. I feel the lag while fighting zombies/hearing no foot steps shortly. I read that meshing could be the problem but even if its on false same problem. I already pinged the server and i get a response in 10-14ms each package. The server is not overloaded 33% Ram usage, 41% CPU. 

I already tested it without the mods and still the same. It feels like while i move the Ping gets way higher. Iam slowly Frustrated because its the second server i bought and the same issue. 

Maybe somebody has any help for it

If u need anything (specs etc) just say it, i will provide them. 

Thanks for every response 

(if its needed my current Internet speed is 180mbps)

Ping fluctuations like that are typically caused by not excluding the client and save folders from security software. This is covered in detail in the Pinned Support FAQ thread.

Barring that, it could be a network protocol issue. Try using the network patch option in the game client settings.

17 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Ping fluctuations like that are typically caused by not excluding the client and save folders from security software. This is covered in detail in the Pinned Support FAQ thread.

Barring that, it could be a network protocol issue. Try using the network patch option in the game client settings.

So oke, it isnt the servers fault. Something is wrong with the connection from me. My friend from turkey has a stable ping. Do you know what now could be the issue? Maybe an DNS error or some idk Firewall errors? 

2 hours ago, CHXDanzi said:

So oke, it isnt the servers fault. Something is wrong with the connection from me. My friend from turkey has a stable ping. Do you know what now could be the issue? Maybe an DNS error or some idk Firewall errors? 

Same thing... Check that you have the game folder and the saves folder excluded in your antivirus/firewall.  Beyond that, include your log and maybe it will give she info that can help.