Shotgun Messiah Factory seems broken.

archergod

I try to do Shotgun factory twice in my game and when we enter the building and reach ground floor warehouse it has activate Key switch to open warehouse loading area with truck, but it doesn't open that metal door where conveyer belts are. In old version that gate was open by default and we enter there. There are couple of other door been non activated. (in version 324) I just now see a video while searching what I am doing wrong and see this video ( https://youtu.be/RXeIKbzDmD4 ) about 3/4m they open that gate (in version 317) is that intentionally closed and new path is created or is it bugged? I see couple other video of 324 where that gate didn't open for other players as well. 

I am using vanilla game in single player if that matters. 

also I am not sure if I had bad luck or what, but some quest just don't end. In another Tier 6 Infestation quest it shows marker at underground space (in hospital where 3 chest in room) I went to that room it spawn Z there and I kill it but marker didn't disappear I dig the whole area in 5x5 around marker but nothing happens and I have to abandon that quest like for messiah as even after clearing all room since not all trigger are fired it doesn't register them as win. 

I love all those extra zombie but this trigger to wake them up is just so badly implemented, stealth has no value, trigger are making quest no fun, when you get everything but because you didn't trigger some zombie area they won't complete and trigger are not visible obviously to activate them. and that yellow dot just stuck. they are not at all natural game play fit. 

Stealth is like moody, once all10s of zombie just keep sleeping and once even if you are in other room they all get active and attack . If you use guns even in forest reason they call screamer and they break half the door and some trigger just fails as result of it. 

Sometime game feels like developer just want player to die and their skill doesn't matter. Game's motive is Survival not zombie fighting, if we need zombie fighting we rather choose a game with bigger gun and 1000s of zombie attack our base. Please don't divert from basic concept of game. 

5 hours ago, archergod said:

I try to do Shotgun factory twice in my game and when we enter the building and reach ground floor warehouse it has activate Key switch to open warehouse loading area with truck, but it doesn't open that metal door where conveyer belts are. In old version that gate was open by default and we enter there. There are couple of other door been non activated. (in version 324) I just now see a video while searching what I am doing wrong and see this video ( https://youtu.be/RXeIKbzDmD4 ) about 3/4m they open that gate (in version 317) is that intentionally closed and new path is created or is it bugged? I see couple other video of 324 where that gate didn't open for other players as well. 

I am using vanilla game in single player if that matters. 

also I am not sure if I had bad luck or what, but some quest just don't end. In another Tier 6 Infestation quest it shows marker at underground space (in hospital where 3 chest in room) I went to that room it spawn Z there and I kill it but marker didn't disappear I dig the whole area in 5x5 around marker but nothing happens and I have to abandon that quest like for messiah as even after clearing all room since not all trigger are fired it doesn't register them as win. 

I love all those extra zombie but this trigger to wake them up is just so badly implemented, stealth has no value, trigger are making quest no fun, when you get everything but because you didn't trigger some zombie area they won't complete and trigger are not visible obviously to activate them. and that yellow dot just stuck. they are not at all natural game play fit. 

Stealth is like moody, once all10s of zombie just keep sleeping and once even if you are in other room they all get active and attack . If you use guns even in forest reason they call screamer and they break half the door and some trigger just fails as result of it. 

Sometime game feels like developer just want player to die and their skill doesn't matter. Game's motive is Survival not zombie fighting, if we need zombie fighting we rather choose a game with bigger gun and 1000s of zombie attack our base. Please don't divert from basic concept of game. 

Hello there!

So... I didn't watch the whole video, because it is really long. But I went to this POI on this same quest a few weeks ago. In a nutshell:

• There are some buttons around the POI. I think they were supposed to work, and when you press them, they would trigger zombies spawns. Sadly... they don't work (or at least they were not powered up when I did this POI). But the trigger is there so...
  • You have to destroy the buttons in order to trigger this spawns and clear all zombies.
  • I think there are 3 or 4 of them. I had a quick look on your video and here are the time stamps:
    • 3:19 - Basement Door - Right side on the wall (outside the ramp)
    • 13:57 - In front on the Smelt - On the catwalk 
    • 28:27 - On the right wall (between the wreckage) 
    • 35:21 - Left side of the door - Near the glass covered bridge
  • If the buttons aren't working (like what happened to me), you have to break them (the button, not the door). If you break the door you won't trigger the zombie spawn, thus, not being able to finish the quest.
  • The Red/yellow dot will take you to the room that you didn't trigger the event. 
6 hours ago, archergod said:

Same thing. The Red/Yellow dot will appear in the last room or two that you didn't trigger the spawn. Most of the times it's a button on the wall. But there are other triggers. I don't remember being stuck at the hospital, so I don't remember specifics.

Tier 5 / Tier 6 are supposed to be really hard and really long quests. And I don't understand why sometimes the things are powered up, and sometimes now. But when it is not powered up, it usually makes it harder to follow the trail you were supposed to.

6 hours ago, archergod said:

POIs are not always intended to be done by all gamestyles and thats ok. Stealth is pretty strong in the game IMO. But it's is useless in some situations such as falling down traps, and some close quarters situations and that's ok. It should be challenging for all gamestyles. 

Fighting zombies is part of the survival. Areas with lots of zombies make sense from a immersion perspective. These are like late game areas. I don't see it as much different as the cultural reference in movies and series of this genre. 

But I hear you when you say that the trail is not always clear. Specially when things are powered down. In larger POIs it's easy to get out of the intended track. Specially if you have high levels of parkour. And sometimes zombies will spawn in a very non immersive way, because you entered the room from a place you were not supposed to... This indeed require some tuning. 

• 3 months later...

You have to destroy the GENERATORS, then press the BUTTONS that are nearby. There's a few buttons that are not near a generator, but if you destroy every generator you come across, the buttons will all open. It's crucial that you destroy the generators and press the buttons...

9 hours ago, RickH said:

You have to destroy the GENERATORS, then press the BUTTONS that are nearby. There's a few buttons that are not near a generator, but if you destroy every generator you come across, the buttons will all open. It's crucial that you destroy the generators and press the buttons...

It is far easier to just destroy the buttons.  They have fewer hit points and you don't have to go find the generator. :)

I encountered this in the Messiah Factory and other POIs, making clear missions incompletable - markers indicated empty rooms with unworking switches. If you're playing an older world in a updated client, even if it's just an iterative update of A21 since you made the map, then these switches won't work. You can destroy the switches with a pickaxe and they should do their thing, though, letting you complete the mission... but generally the only way to resolve it is to start an all-new map. The problem with a game this long in development is that you need to restart often when changes are made for the best experience.

• 4 months later...

This is STILL ongoing. My first Tier 5 attempt in A21 (and I've played hundreds of hours already, I just restart often), and I'm faced with this frustration/annoyance.

Maybe I underestimate how difficult this bug is to fix. I guess I'll abandon the quest because I'd rather spend my time doing a POI that doesn't require me to constantly break ~7k hp blocks to progress.

Edited by plzkthxbye (see edit history)