Dedicated server not working.

Aegerx

Running a dedicated server in my PC (Gigabyte G5 KC [RTX 3060 laptop])

I haven't been able to connect to the server, always get the same "couldn't retrieve server information message"
The server doesn't even appear on the servers list, I already checked the firewall, router ports, antivirus, fully reinstalled both the game and the server (I'm running the steam version BTW) but nothing seems to work so far.

My server log:  https://pastebin.com/DRh2SUaD

I'm very noob at this so all suggestions will be appreciated.

These is the port forwarding mess I did and I'm sure is completely wrong so if anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it a lot as well.
spacer.png

Your port forwarding is set up incorrectly. Your private ports are correct (26900 through to 26902 on TCP and UDP) but the public ports are 1521 and 69 which means your port forwarder is listening on the wrong ports and ignoring the right ones.

Set the public ports to be the same and it should work.

You really shouldn't forward 8080 and 8081 unless you need to and have a strong password on your server. That lets people remote access into the management console. 8082 is no longer in use and you don't need to forward it.

5 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Game ports should be 26900 TCP and 26900-26903 UDP.

Next time you post a log, post the entire thing. You left a lot of important data out.

Like I mentioned, I'm pretty noob at the game and server hosting in general, my bad, I believe this is the full log: https://pastebin.com/qMgeFCqA

6 hours ago, Pernicious said:

Your port forwarding is set up incorrectly. Your private ports are correct (26900 through to 26902 on TCP and UDP) but the public ports are 1521 and 69 which means your port forwarder is listening on the wrong ports and ignoring the right ones.

Set the public ports to be the same and it should work.

You really shouldn't forward 8080 and 8081 unless you need to and have a strong password on your server. That lets people remote access into the management console. 8082 is no longer in use and you don't need to forward it.

I haven't found a way to set a specific public port. The public ports are selected automatically when choosing a process name, it seems like that is the way this router works, although I've never used this type of router before, Router name is hitron cgnv5.

Quick update, I think I managed to do it, I had to watch like 20 videos about my router but I managed to open the right ports this timespacer.png

After that I attempted to join the server and it let me through right away, no more "could not retrieve server information" message, I'll have a few friends attempt to join in order to confirm that it worked, but so far it seems like the ports were the main reason for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by Aegerx (see edit history)