Double barrel Shotgun now wasting Ammo.

I dont know WHY or HOW,TFP thought making it so that if u hold your Left mouse button for more than half a second emptys both barrels at the same time.
Before it was Great and truly a nice upgrade from the T0 Pipe Shotgun.
Now its just harder to use and harder to keep your shots. Why dont u guys over there give the Double barrel shotgun an alternative fire button that fires both barrels at the same time when needed and preserving the old way of just shooting one barrel at the time... the burst count is 1000 anyways to if i just tap my mouse fast enough i do the same but only when i want it and not when i hold the mouse button for longer than 0.5 seconds and miss my second shot from the recoil and wasting a shell that could be used to save my A**. i wish that this change gets reverted.

The fire control is borked on all weapons atm.. my Desert Vulture is full auto (albeit slow) and so is pretty much everything else. The Semi/Burst/Auto Mods do weird things as well.

For the Dubsy, it's sort of the worst - it has a massive fire rate to simulate the two separate triggers, which makes it impossible to control with the bug.

17 minutes ago, theFlu said:

The fire control is borked on all weapons atm.. my Desert Vulture is full auto (albeit slow) and so is pretty much everything else. The Semi/Burst/Auto Mods do weird things as well.

For the Dubsy, it's sort of the worst - it has a massive fire rate to simulate the two separate triggers, which makes it impossible to control with the bug.

Yea i noticed the same weird thing that the Auto mod makes all Auto Rifles fire reeeeally slow

12 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

It's in the bug report about the double barrel.

good to know that its already in there. but a Bug?... how?

15 hours ago, ShadeColdfang said:

Yea i noticed the same weird thing that the Auto mod makes all Auto Rifles fire reeeeally slow

How?

Bad bit of code - then don't test it.

That's how.

But it's stable...

Honest...

18 hours ago, ShadeColdfang said:

The double barrel shotgun is the only weapon that has this characteristic (one or two shots fired via single trigger or double trigger pull), so I understand why they are not going to introduce an alternative fire mode just for one weapon (and since they haven't done it already, doubt it will be something they do prior to going gold).  They need to set it high so players can fire both chambers close to one another to simulate pulling both triggers at once.

The thing is, the value for the rounds per minute hasn't changed since A19 (1000 rpm is spec'd in A19 config files).  The only thing in terms of that variable that has changed since A19 to A21 is there use to be a random modification of about 5%. 

I played around with it last night and set it to 500.  There was a delay in firing both chambers, so you can control it better; but it felt like the delay was maybe a bit too much.  Fine tuning it may lead to either adjusting the value between 500 to 1000 to make it smoother (or maybe they are looking into another approach).

2 hours ago, Lasher said:

How?

Bad bit of code - then don't test it.

That's how.

But it's stable...

Honest...

Based on what I seen, the code looks the same from A19 to A21, but nobody reported it out during A19 and A20 (not in the bug reports).  There might have been changes in A21 code elsewhere that made it more noticeable now, or people could have gotten use to it and never noticed it before.  Heck, it could have been caused by faatal's performance improvements and now things that were acceptable before now have issues.

This is why they request players to play and test the game in vanilla when they release new builds to find issues like this and report them out (properly in the bug report pool for each Alpha development phase).

6 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

The double barrel shotgun is the only weapon that has this characteristic (one or two shots fired via single trigger or double trigger pull), so I understand why they are not going to introduce an alternative fire mode just for one weapon (and since they haven't done it already, doubt it will be something they do prior to going gold).  They need to set it high so players can fire both chambers close to one another to simulate pulling both triggers at once.

The thing is, the value for the rounds per minute hasn't changed since A19 (1000 rpm is spec'd in A19 config files).  The only thing in terms of that variable that has changed since A19 to A21 is there use to be a random modification of about 5%. 

I played around with it last night and set it to 500.  There was a delay in firing both chambers, so you can control it better; but it felt like the delay was maybe a bit too much.  Fine tuning it may lead to either adjusting the value between 500 to 1000 to make it smoother (or maybe they are looking into another approach).

i already had the idea to reduce the burst count and see what fits, but its good to hear from someone else that they tried it too... my idea was setting it as low as 90. but if u say that 500 is good but feels sluggish then i will experiment around with it or just wait till the Pimps come out with a fix in the next Weeks or Months XD

Edited by ShadeColdfang
typo (see edit history)

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Based on what I seen, the code looks the same from A19 to A21, but nobody reported it out during A19 and A20 (not in the bug reports).  There might have been changes in A21 code elsewhere that made it more noticeable now, or people could have gotten use to it and never noticed it before.  Heck, it could have been caused by faatal's performance improvements and now things that were acceptable before now have issues.

This is why they request players to play and test the game in vanilla when they release new builds to find issues like this and report them out (properly in the bug report pool for each Alpha development phase).

I was the one who put the bug report in A21. I actually went back to A20 to compare and this issue did not happen in A20, if you held down left click it only shoots one shell

6 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

I was the one who put the bug report in A21. I actually went back to A20 to compare and this issue did not happen in A20, if you held down left click it only shoots one shell

Yeah that is why I think another change in the game has caused this issue.  I don’t think their intent was this behavior.