A21 Stun Baton no longer charging after installing homemade Repulsor mod

terrorclaw

After finally getting a stun baton - which I appreciate it being harder to acquire now - once I was able to craft my own and a crafted repulsor mod, NO stun batons ever charge anymore. Furthermore, the repulsor doesn't do a thing. 

I've switched to my old baton, no charge. I've crafted new ones (up to tier 5 now) and still no dice. I don't really know which broke it, but it was either me crafting a stun baton or adding my crafted repulsor mod. After I did both of those things, no more stunning from my stun baton.

I am playing Vanilla with no mods.

Anybody else seeing this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 7:46 PM, terrorclaw said:

After finally getting a stun baton - which I appreciate it being harder to acquire now - once I was able to craft my own and a crafted repulsor mod, NO stun batons ever charge anymore. Furthermore, the repulsor doesn't do a thing. 

I've switched to my old baton, no charge. I've crafted new ones (up to tier 5 now) and still no dice. I don't really know which broke it, but it was either me crafting a stun baton or adding my crafted repulsor mod. After I did both of those things, no more stunning from my stun baton.

I am playing Vanilla with no mods.

Anybody else seeing this?

Just experienced this exact bug. Restarting client didn't fix. (Not sure if restarting server would've fixed.) Removing and replacing repulsor mod immediately didn't fix. @Shirudo_Hogo's recommended suggestion above *DID* fix.

Quite curious for anyone that has this issue, were you playing on MP and if so, were you in a party?

I had a similar thing happen to me today with my purifier mod not working, but I was on a P2P game with friend as host. I tried to repro on my SP game but couldn't. 

What had happened was I simply switched out a different mod (ex customized fittings for improved customized) on my helmet and noticed my character taking damage when I tried to drink water (it was a 3 slot leather hood and from top to bottom of mod list I had: customized fittings, helmet light, water purifier) 

I'm having the same issue. Stun Baton not proccing any kind of stun. It's now just a club and that's without the repulsor mod. It should be charging up with each hit and then proccing occasionally, iirc.? This has been from tier 1 thru 5 stun baton, which it now is and no procs at all. This was all solo play, as I don't play this game multiplayer...

Edited by RickH
forgot mp comment. (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, RickH said:

I'm having the same issue. Stun Baton not proccing any kind of stun. It's now just a club and that's without the repulsor mod. It should be charging up with each hit and then proccing occasionally, iirc.? This has been from tier 1 thru 5 stun baton, which it now is and no procs at all. This was all solo play, as I don't play this game multiplayer...

If you can provide videos showing how to create and reproduce the issue, and client logs of it happening, that would be great. I've tried to replicate this on SP, MP, and a dedicated server and have had zero luck in doing so.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

Just got this issue as well. I was only using heavy attacks and switching to light attacks seems to have fixed it for me. I did it without weapon mods on the first bit and then again to activate the repulsor mod once installed.