Anyone else have like 50-100 modlets in their game?

I'm addicted and in love with all the mods everyone here makes and works on. 

I think right now I have 70 modlets in my Mods folder. 

Also just enjoy all the variety and don't really like vanilla anymore. 

Thank you to all you wonderful modders out there!! ❤️😍🤗

I had 70+ mods in a game one time. Not A21 ofc (yet lol) but yeah that may have been an extreme time but usually I do have at least 10 -15.

I just add them as I find ones I like. The modders are very good at what they do as (except for when using the major overhaul ones) I have had little problem with mixing mods.

I usually end up with 80-100 (eventually) but find that once you go that high, even if you're careful, something somewhere is usually broken and you just work around it. Or the game starts having issues (like when opening loot it hangs ... and sometimes doesn't recover. Like the loot table calculations are a bit too big foe it or something).

I've found a small workaround: load an overhaul, then mod that. Then manually "fix" all the mod errors.  Its a bit tricky, but i find i need/want less mods on top of overhauls (and some cant be added)

i usually play a few test games (like 2-3 days, maybe up to a bloodmoon) to see if loot is balanced enough (im not finding lots of an item or amazing weapons super early). I usually balance it to he "harder".

i almost always strive to add at least these mods for their content (not necessarily the balance... some require balancing manually)

- Vehicle madness

- snufkins zeds (now a different mod in a21)

- errnull zeds (waiting to see what happens with this)

- NPc pack and all add on zed packs

- sorcery (if i can get away with it).

- combopack (if not included in the overhaul)

also: the NPc pack requires the SCore mod. Inside that is a lot of things you can configure. Just look at the "blocks.xml" file for all the things. Usually turn off nerdpoling, add caves, and a few other things in there. Some mods like food spoilage also require tweaking SCore to turn on and configure food spoilage. I think the lockpicking mod does as well. 

the last lots of mods game i did was on top of "The Wasteland" mod and it worked well.

anyway: the result is a crazytown of fun and unpredictability and usually something is very unbalanced (like super powerful zeds) but discovering and working with that thats the fun in it.

Also: i have a low end machine and it seems adding a ton of mods only really impacts memory usage. Sure, CPU power might influence the "loot opening lag" that sometimes occurs. The only other thing i always notice is the initial load time of the game can go way up (like 5+  Minutes). 

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)