(A21) Automated Mining and Ammunition Making Robotic Workstations

arramus

Automated Mining and Ammunition Making Robotic Workstations can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/arramus/A21-AutoBots

(This Modlet is Server Side Only safe. This means it does not need to be installed on the client machines because it has no custom assets.)

A few images and instructions.

The green bot is for Automated Mining and the red bot is for Automated Ammunition.

9IECeDg.jpg

Unlock both on the Workbench under Workstations at Skill 50. This is the same as the Chemistry Station.

b2NHHDG.jpg

Check under the Science Tab to find both bots on the Workbench.

u8lg5xu.jpg

These Automated Bots require tools to function. They are cumulative and based on default settings for each one. Simple ammo and mining resources requires the anvil, more complex ammo and mining resources requires the advanced bellows, and the most penetrative ammo and 'supportive' resources requires the crucible.

YYVvXk0.jpg

The economics of it all is quite simple.

Ammo provides about a 20% better return than making bundles with cost based on player vending machines sales cross referenced with gunpowder production requirements.

Mining uses gas and has no specific economics about it. As such, it can be flexibly adjusted to your needs.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Speef said:

Can this be installed dedicated server side only??? Or does it require both client and server side?

Yes, that is a good point and something to add to the description to make it clear.
It is a Server Side Only Modlet. I added this comment underneath the download link to provide that additional clarity.

(This Modlet is Server Side Only safe. This means it does not need to be installed on the client machines because it has no custom assets.)

9 minutes ago, BigheadRR said:

The unlock is at workshop level 50, but it is not unlocked.
I checked and it requires workshop level 50 and vehicle level 60.

Thank you for reporting. It is worth at least 60 Zombie cookies.

I have just pushed an update to fix that. The progression.xml had a reference to craftingVehicles and it has been changed to craftingWorkstations for the unlock. And from level 60 to 50 to match the Chemistry Workstation. It was an oversight due to copy/paste from another reference.

To manually update, simply changing those to craftingWorkstations and 50,100 will be appropriate.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

7 hours ago, YordanST said:

I’m level 68 on Workstations they don’t even show there’s only the chemical station otherwise they show when I type the name but it shows them locked do I have to start a new game or is this a bug?

On a new World in Navezgane, I check under the Science tab on the Workbench to show the Automated Mining Bot and Automated Ammunition Bot.

They appropriately show as locked under Workstations for Level 50.

zKyUPzf.jpg

The next step is consuming the Forge Ahead magazine to reach that level.

TNbRdhl.jpg

Under the Workbench Science tab without searching, they appear as unlocked and ready to be used.

yVmq1RZ.jpg

The posts prior to this show there was an update to rectify an issue with Progression reported by BigHeadRR. It may be that reinstalling this mod will clear the issue you are having. The only thing that has changed is the Progression and that did not hurt a World save when testing it.