Solo map suggestion tips needed a21

Hey guys i been playing on a server a little bit and notice some people with some sticky fingers and due to leaving doors open by accident and forgetting that placing storage now unlocked when doing so losing stuff that is important for making things i needed so i'm looking for help in making a world for my solo play through i played a little bit in past but never really made past like horde night like 4th one

what i'm looking for

1. map not full of hills

2. more easy map but hard locations for late gameplay

3. i don't know what size i should use?

4. should i use pregen or not?

5 what single player settings should i use or crank up to make life enjoyable but not far from intended gameplay

any of thous things help put me on right path of making a solo play threw i'm sure many others this would help to that are not quiet sure what settings to use or what maps to play on 

thanks in advanced

On 7/5/2023 at 7:52 AM, TheSlenderDevil said:

Hey guys i been playing on a server a little bit and notice some people with some sticky fingers and due to leaving doors open by accident and forgetting that placing storage now unlocked when doing so losing stuff that is important for making things i needed so i'm looking for help in making a world for my solo play through i played a little bit in past but never really made past like horde night like 4th one

Welcome to the forum! :)

For your questions.. with vanilla game, you can try adjusting the map generation, I think "hillyness" was one of the switches. Try it out.

Easy map.. I don't even know what that would be, other than "lot's of pine forest". Should be mostly fine in default generation, but you can increase the forest percentage.

Size is relatively irrelevant, as you'll be running from POI to POI for quests.. the larger the map, the further you have to drive for T5:s.

Pregen... only you can answer if you like them .. :)

Just.. go into a game, play for a while, adjust settings after you get a hang of what's wrong.

Edited by Crater Creator
backseat copyediting (see edit history)

Im not a map expert but i play a lot of singleplayer...

3. for size, i usually choose 6k, as its "enough for me" and i never see the whole map. Its also faster to generate and i have memory issues when generating larger maps anyway. But if you can go larger i believe the "cities and towns" will be a but nicer sized and more if them.

4.  Since map generation times are so fast now (like a few minutes now and not 45 minutes like in the past), i always choose to make my own maps (to keep things "fresh"). However i usually dont care if there are hills or not, there are settings in the map generator that might help keep it "flatter" even if this is just the "map previewer"

5. i frequently choose these vanilla setting changes in all my games (and several others but these are the ones i almost always change)

- make blood moon 1 or 2 days "variance" so its not always the 7th day. I forget the setting name, but its right beneath the bloodmoon days setting.

- bump up all zombie day and night speeds 1 notch, so they never walk.

- usually i bump up player block damage 1 notch. So tree chopping/mining is less of a pain (in singleplayer).

- i set loot to never respawn.

- i set the game to private, as by default your game is visible and "open" to anyone who might find it in the game browser. I also set a password of gibberish just to make sure no one finds it and joins easily.

- i so far have found "feral sense" a bit too much in my single player games so i leave it off. But i also add many mods to make the game harder so without mods maybe its a decent challenge?

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

really on the 100% hills thing i'll give it a shot! 

i got 64gig ram and i plan on playing the map for a very long time so maybe large map with no loot respawn will force me to play at night and travel further and further more i play 

thanks for all the replies i'll take everything everyone said into concertation

Edited by Crater Creator
response to deleted content (see edit history)