Traders and quests need to be nerfed

aamatniekss

On 7/19/2023 at 12:29 PM, theFlu said:

Don't worry, we're just chatting by now ;) At face value, "random damage for tools" OR "durability-scaled damage for tools". But I already know it's not an easy task. Sorry for getting you dragged in :D

I should make you two create this mod, after getting me to sit there and think it through  😏

Take some of that theoretical energy you both been burning through and turn it into practical energy

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

I should make you two create this mod, after getting me to sit there and think it through  😏

Would be fair, sorry again ;)

If I were to mod things, that's not the mod I'd make; I'd want to try to make stealth work, but there's just no way without re-writing half the game by now. Most things in this thread I can live with, no point in changing those while the parts I actually dislike can't really be helped.

People cry about water, people cry about traders.

It's almost like you don't even want to play this game, you don't even want progress and features.

What's next, when Bandits are included and could potentially drop loot bags, it's too easy killing 60 bandits and maybe getting a weapon out of one of these 60 kills?

If you guys don't like it don't play it.

2 hours ago, George Gordon said:

If you guys don't like it don't play it.

If you don’t like to hear it, don’t read it.

This is a forum hosted by TFP for the purpose of discussion. If they didn’t want feedback, it wouldn’t be here. We’re in Alpha 21 and a lot of us have been professionally complaining and arguing for a long time. Censorship cannot stop us now.

Btw… if bandits are too easy, I will complain. Just a heads up so you can avoid that topic ahead of time. You are welcome to join in if you happen to agree, have related comments, or have ideas that would make it better… ‘cause that’s how we roll here.

4 hours ago, George Gordon said:

People cry about water, people cry about traders.

People cry about people crying?

Feedback, no matter how whiny or poorly articulated, is potentially useful. Telling people not to give feedback is absolutely pointless.

On 7/5/2023 at 10:53 AM, aamatniekss said:

the rewards should be severely limited to tiers of the quest

I couldn't agree more! The trader should not offer me 5 first aid bandages and 25 steel ingots after completing Tier V POI, because that is ridiculous! The trader rewards should be BUFFED, not nerfed.

Edited by Ray Garraty (see edit history)