A21 newbie hints??? Sounds like a plan.

Javabean867

So we have a ton of players playing A21 now, I can't imagine there aren't some new players looking for hints.  Let's give em some help.  I suggest everyone give just 1 thing you make sure to do on every play through.

Mine is simple.  Don't sleep on wrenching the king size beds.  You get tons of materials that are useful early on, and they provide about the same experience as killing a normal zombie.

I mean obviously you need to make a wrench early on.

Pro tip #142

As is common early game, your inventory will quickly become full from all of the looting you are doing in the world and you will become encumbered. A nice trick if you are encumbered while questing is to put all of that stuff in a chest outside of a POI before you go in. For the love of all that is holy, don't place a storage chest within the grounds of a POI before activating a quest. That chest (and everything you put inside of it) will go poof! Make sure you are placing that chest in the street or activate the quest before you place the chest.

First thing I do in a new game is toss the Land Claim Block and the note. LCB is very easy to make and you won't need it for a while. The note you can read if you like but after the first time you do later games you can just toss.

That is 2 precious slots you just freed up.

Also remember that anything in the toolbelt doesn't count towards your encumbrance. Being a little over is not bad but have seen players with 3, 4 or more free slots in their toolbelt when they are encumbered.