Wrong POI name

Old Crow

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

I didn't realize that it was using a random number helper when I did the localization. Level design just committed a change to make it a solid 8.

Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome! But.... I've since found out I might actually be wrong. I've seen this POI in other towns on our map, with different numbers on the building's roof sign. I'm guessing the name that appears on the danger meter might be the POI's "filename," while each location the POI appears in will differ based on the roof's sign? Kind of like how in real life if a city has multiple fire stations, they'll be designated "Station 5, Station 6, etc."

If I did actually find a mistake, I'm glad I could help!

This may be related to something I have been seeing on my random map.  When I get to a mission POI and click on the exclamation to reset the POI, sometimes it changes to a different POI.  The first time it was a small post office that changed to a bigger one that took out the POI's on either side.  This has happened several other times, but they changed to completely different POI's.  The only one that I noticed the name of, before hand, was for a mission POI name that was shown as a family residence, but it was that large site with the 6 concrete silos.  However, when I clicked on the exclamation point it changed to a house.  The name did not change, so it seems that the POI that is loaded is different from the name of the POI and changes to the proper one when reset for a mission.

@Old Crow
It was simply the random number helper changing the numbers on them. I saw the 8 which is the default number for the helper and then named it that way. Now it will always be an 8 on the sign to match the localization. 

@Kiern
That should not happen.
Did you create the same map twice with the same seed between experimental and stable?
Sounds like you've got some corrupted world files somehow OR the map was old and somehow the prefabs.xml file got regenerated with a different POI list. When the quest goes to reset the POI, it's reading the updated list.

46 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

@Old Crow
It was simply the random number helper changing the numbers on them. I saw the 8 which is the default number for the helper and then named it that way. Now it will always be an 8 on the sign to match the localization. 

@Kiern
That should not happen.
Did you create the same map twice with the same seed between experimental and stable?
Sounds like you've got some corrupted world files somehow OR the map was old and somehow the prefabs.xml file got regenerated with a different POI list. When the quest goes to reset the POI, it's reading the updated list.

Nope.  I created a new RWG map for A21 experimental and am still using it for A21 Stable.  It happened in both experimental and stable.  I've got Steam validating the files now.  I'll let you know if it happens again after that is done.

5 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

@Old Crow

Ah okay, cool! That will only start going forward on new maps, correct? My buddy and I are man-children and added a 6 to the sign.

On 7/6/2023 at 12:59 AM, Old Crow said:

Ah okay, cool! That will only start going forward on new maps, correct? My buddy and I are man-children and added a 6 to the sign.

It would be for new saves after the update is released.