Light Path

Damian

I'm trying one last time to do a tier V by staying strictly on the light path but my first one is the big hospital and I just got to a flashlight on the floor and it doesn't lead anywhere. There is no other light to go to next. What am I missing ? Can you follow a light path through the entire POI ?

can you show a good screen shot of the flash light. a light source is an indication of an intended pathway to use that has the least effort (keyword least) danger but you can still get into some. as for it not guiding you, we need to know where you are at in the hospital where the light is.. it may be a decoy or it can even got bugged and not rotated correctly during spawn/creation.

also please dont give coords where this light is because the coords are only useful if we have the exact map you are on... unless its navezgane then that is good to use.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

It's just past the two lamps in the lobby. The flash light is aimed into the gift shop but the only way out is out a hole in the wall so I jumped down but I have gone EVERYWHERE. I even went God mode to get to the next floor up and made it all the way to the helipad. Now I'm down to the basement. I did a grid pattern search on every floor starting with the perimeter. Have people been completing the tier V quests in 21 ?

I'm sorry but I've not gotten to the hospital yet in a21 so not sure if things are changed.  Be sure to check windows as well as that hole in the wall.  See if you can see anything that may be light based further away.  Windows sometimes lead to tiny ledges that you scramble around to another entry point.  Sometimes, the lights will lead you to an area with a trapped floor that will deposit you into the area you're supposed to be for the path (usually including an ambush).  Otherwise, I'd have to find a hospital and work my way through it which, I've not found one yet in my current world so.. there's that.

I haven't gotten to that yet but I know some lights point out some kind of loot rather than a path.  Also, lights aren't always used if the path is easy enough to see (at least according to the designer).  It should be possible to get from the start to the end without breaking anything or building anything.  Some side areas might require breaking doors but the main path should be open.

I spent hours trying to clear the building but then I realized it was horde night and I have blood moon set to nightmare with 64 zombies so there was NO way I could survive in that hospital during a Blood Moon. I didn't want to throw away all of the time I spent on it so I had an idea. Maybe if I did stay in there any POI quest zombies still in there would come find me and I would be able to clear the building. So I went God mode and used up all of my ammo and then used my sledgehammer until they were all history. I killed hundreds of zombies but when it was all over THE PLACE STILL WASN'T CLEAR !!!

So I give up. I wasted thousands of AP and HP rounds that I spent so much time and resources crafting. That's the second Tier V that I haven't been able to clear no matter how many hours I spent searching the buildings. I thought for sure staying in there for a Blood Moon would draw any stragglers out. I even changed floors just in case they were trapped on one of the floors.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO CLEAR A TIER V QUEST IN 21 ?

4 minutes ago, Damian said:

I spent hours trying to clear the building but then I realized it was horde night and I have blood moon set to nightmare with 64 zombies so there was NO way I could survive in that hospital during a Blood Moon. I didn't want to throw away all of the time I spent on it so I had an idea. Maybe if I did stay in there any POI quest zombies still in there would come find me and I would be able to clear the building. So I went God mode and used up all of my ammo and then used my sledgehammer until they were all history. I killed hundreds of zombies but when it was all over THE PLACE STILL WASN'T CLEAR !!!

So I give up. I wasted thousands of AP and HP rounds that I spent so much time and resources crafting. That's the second Tier V that I haven't been able to clear no matter how many hours I spent searching the buildings. I thought for sure staying in there for a Blood Moon would draw any stragglers out. I even changed floors just in case they were trapped on one of the floors.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO CLEAR A TIER V QUEST IN 21 ?

Ya ive done like 9 or 10 of them, but its currently on hold till they fix quest rewards. Getting Tier 2 reward options out of a Tier 5 is super fun.

6 minutes ago, Ailin said:

Ya ive done like 9 or 10 of them, but its currently on hold till they fix quest rewards. Getting Tier 2 reward options out of a Tier 5 is super fun.

How could something like that not been discovered during testing ? That's not a small obscure bug.

2 hours ago, Damian said:

It's just past the two lamps in the lobby. The flash light is aimed into the gift shop but the only way out is out a hole in the wall so I jumped down but I have gone EVERYWHERE. I even went God mode to get to the next floor up and made it all the way to the helipad. Now I'm down to the basement. I did a grid pattern search on every floor starting with the perimeter. Have people been completing the tier V quests in 21 ?

Once you go out the hole in the wall, follow the roof, it's shaped kind of like a C, when you get to the end there is a broken window that you use to get back inside

Spoiler

WaBOkxv.jpg

7 hours ago, Damian said:

How could something like that not been discovered during testing ? That's not a small obscure bug.

It was working in B313, in B317 was when it broke. I didnt start a new save so i had all the armor and good weapons from 313 still when the new patch happened, I noticed the rewards were now borked and just stopped questing. Im basically now getting all traders up to T4 quests then ill do random things till they fix it and ill be able to progress EVERYONE to T6s pretty fast and with intended rewards.

On 6/23/2023 at 4:55 PM, Damian said:

Maybe if I did stay in there any POI quest zombies still in there would come find me and I would be able to clear the building.

This wouldn't work.  Sleepers stay there until you trigger them.  Blood moon won't trigger them for you.  :)