Vending machines to buy Old Cash for 1 duke each. For no trader playthroughs.

FranticDan

As the title says, I'd like to be able to sell old cash to vending machines for a 1 to 1 ratio.

I enjoy doing no trader playthroughs, and being able to buy from vending machines can be quite difficult without dukes.
You'd think vending machines would only accept old cash as currency though, right?
But having the ability to only be able to sell old cash to vending machines would help with getting more dukes. The ATM's all around the world are essentially useless, there's already plenty of paper in the world for crafting shells.

Even for a non-no trader playthrough this sounds like a good idea. It's always been one of those little things that only make sense with a bit of good will, i.e. the vending machines have been modified for accepting only dukes. I'm pretty entirely absolutely 100% sure it's not going to happen though. TFP does not seem to partcularly worry about that kind of stuff. Maybe make this suggestion in a mod forum? Maybe it's possible to have it modded that way. 

I'd argue that the problem isn't machines not accepting cash, but the fact that finding dukes in containers is nowhere near the same as it was in prior alphas. I think a bigger focus on lucky looter and wasteland treasures for finding dukes in containers, as well as a minor boost to duke spawns in containers (like before) would be the right way to fix it. Considering that I'm nearing day 35, and haven't looted a single candy buff, I can see how vending machines are useful.