Stacking of Critical Injuries/Hits

praekokion

Hi Everyone,

so we all know that in A21 dogs are f*ing demons, and if you run into dogs on day 1, you probably are better off just exiting the game and starting over. But after all its a survival game and I want to try and survive situations.

So. I spawn next to a T1 POI. The POI has a dog in the yard I didnt see right away. I craft my normal @%$#, Bow, couple of blocks etc and start running to the trader and sure enough, the dog aggros as I run by a good bit outside the POI. I stack blocks, stand on top, hit it a couple times in the head with my bow, until he finally destroys the block and I fall down. He hits me *ONCE*. A single hit. before I can kill him with my spear.

This *one* singular hit gave me:

Bleeding

Concussion

Fatiqued

Abrasion

Are you kidding me? I get its an infected dog and you probably really dont want to fight that in a real zombie apocalypse. But 4 critical injuries on ONE hit seems a bit too much. It honestly is a bit @%$#ed up... So now I will likely run around the first 2 days with ~45ish max HP, occasional blurred vision and (thats the worst part): a much, much, much higher chance to get new and more critical injuries since I already have some... I mean, cmon guys. I have 3.000 hrs in the game and might be able to deal with this, but what about players that are new to the game? If I was new I would have closed that sucker down and just uninstalled and refunded tbh.

Same goes btw. for T1 POIs that have @%$#ing landmines around them - I spawned in a game made 3 steps for my quest and blew up. like wtf? :D

What about:

- No dogs in T1 POIs

- no landmines around T1 POIs (or at least around the ones you spawn next to)

- only 1 critical injury per hit max.

- lower block damage on dogs, so you can realistically use half broken doors/stacked blocks to actually kill them with prim-weapons even on higher difficulty

- dogs dont aggro outside their POI if they are sleepers

Just as a few suggestions...

Any thoughts on this? :D

Edited by praekokion (see edit history)

I'm all for increased difficulty and longer progression, but dogs in T1 are hilarious. Just had my share of it in first 20 minutes of the game. Dog was hidden by the corner and attacked just after I was engaged with 2 other zombies. I usually play vanilla in dead-is-dead mode, so I should try to run away, but I said f**** it and stood my ground. Obviously I died, but I discovered new "game mechanic" that circumvents current difficulty: dying. Took 3 deaths to kill the dog, then I went on rambo-style to clear that POI. At the end I had couple of debufs so I found another zombie and let it finish me. The end result: I was packed with loot, not hungry/thirsty anymore and no other drawbacks. I found a pistol in the loot too, so when I hit the quest marker to reset the building it was a cake walk.

Somehow I doubt this is intended play style though. And for sure that would be frustrating if I would be playing the game for the first time.

I wouldn't mind dogs in T1s if they weren't hidden so well.  There's that one T1 gas station POI that has a dog in it, but it's completely visible as soon as you open the door, so you can just shoot in the head with a bow, and it's basically dead.  The dogs that you can't see until they're running at you are a bit crap.

I personaly too don't mind Zombie Dogs in T1 POI.
But that now almost every hit sends u into bleedout is just beyond f*cked.
I can deal with the sometimes Abrasion, Concusion, Sprained Leg or Arm.
but now almost every hit u get is a High risk of getting almost every Injury effect. Melee Builds where Really strong in a20. <i guess thats their way to Balance Melee Builds, they are still viable but come at a high cost.
Now that almost every hit has the chance to delete u... makes me want to pull out my Shotgun and Sniper more often and put the good ol reliable club to rest.
Not a fun time for New Players that just start and get mauled in a matter of no time, get frustrated and refund 7 Days... and we all don't want that. 7 Days is amazing but the balance right now is a new players bane.

14 minutes ago, ShadeColdfang said:

I personaly too don't mind Zombie Dogs in T1 POI.
But that now almost every hit sends u into bleedout is just beyond f*cked.
I can deal with the sometimes Abrasion, Concusion, Sprained Leg or Arm.
but now almost every hit u get is a High risk of getting almost every Injury effect. Melee Builds where Really strong in a20. <i guess thats their way to Balance Melee Builds, they are still viable but come at a high cost.
Now that almost every hit has the chance to delete u... makes me want to pull out my Shotgun and Sniper more often and put the good ol reliable club to rest.
Not a fun time for New Players that just start and get mauled in a matter of no time, get frustrated and refund 7 Days... and we all don't want that. 7 Days is amazing but the balance right now is a new players bane.

The debuffs are apparently a bug they know about.  Hopefully fixed soon.  I resolved the problem by starting a new game and it didn't happen to me in the new game.  But I think that isn't a guaranteed way to fix it.

16 minutes ago, Riamus said:

The debuffs are apparently a bug they know about.  Hopefully fixed soon.  I resolved the problem by starting a new game and it didn't happen to me in the new game.  But I think that isn't a guaranteed way to fix it.

well i started a new game and a Lumberjack hit me once and i got Infected, bleedout, sprained leg and a broken Arm... Fun times.
i guess even starting a new game doesnt help

2 minutes ago, ShadeColdfang said:

well i started a new game and a Lumberjack hit me once and i got Infected, bleedout, sprained leg and a broken Arm... Fun times.
i guess even starting a new game doesnt help

Well, worth a shot.  The bug might also relate to some combination of settings and/or difficulty for the game, though I don't know exactly what ones.  They didn't state the cause of the bug and might not have determined the cause, so I don't know.