How to stop lootable from self destroying

5 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Turn your loot respawn in game menu to off

That doesn't prevent them from destroying (like the garbage piles and bags).  With the setting at off, they still self-destroy once you empty out the container.  They will either self destroy, be replaced with an empty, open container model, or still have the standard model as before (for ones that haven't been swapped with a searched model).  I always set my loot respawn to off and containers are self destructing in my game.

12 hours ago, rabidfurbawl said:

How do i stop lootables (lootable objects) from self destroying after i loot them in a21, as in a20 most of them stayed.

To mod it out, you probably would need to add a condition to the container.  Here is the junk pile in A21

<!-- garbage, cntTrashPile -->

<lootcontainer name="junk" count="1,2" size="6,2" sound_open="UseActions/open_garbage" sound_close="UseActions/close_garbage">

Here is an example of the air drop crate

<!-- Supply Crate General, the normal airdrop -->

<lootcontainer name="airDrop" count="1" size="8,4" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="SupplyDrops/open_supply_crate" sound_close="SupplyDrops/close_supply_crate" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate" ignore_loot_abundance="true">

Note in the lootcontainer line it has destroy_on_close.  If you add that line to the containers that pop and change true to false, it should prevent them from self destructing but I haven't tried that yet.

The containers that have an open model have the same condition but it has empty instead of true or false

<!-- suitcase / luggage -->

<lootcontainer name="luggage" count="1" size="6,2" sound_open="UseActions/open_suitcase" sound_close="UseActions/close_suitcase" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate" destroy_on_close="empty">

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

That doesn't prevent them from destroying (like the garbage piles and bags).  With the setting at off, they still self-destroy once you empty out the container.  They will either self destroy, be replaced with an empty, open container model, or still have the standard model as before (for ones that haven't been swapped with a searched model).  I always set my loot respawn to off and containers are self destructing in my game.

To mod it out, you probably would need to add a condition to the container.  Here is the junk pile in A21

<!-- garbage, cntTrashPile -->

<lootcontainer name="junk" count="1,2" size="6,2" sound_open="UseActions/open_garbage" sound_close="UseActions/close_garbage">

Here is an example of the air drop crate

<!-- Supply Crate General, the normal airdrop -->

<lootcontainer name="airDrop" count="1" size="8,4" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="SupplyDrops/open_supply_crate" sound_close="SupplyDrops/close_supply_crate" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate" ignore_loot_abundance="true">

Note in the lootcontainer line it has destroy_on_close.  If you add that line to the containers that pop and change true to false, it should prevent them from self destructing but I haven't tried that yet.

The containers that have an open model have the same condition but it has empty instead of true or false

<!-- suitcase / luggage -->

<lootcontainer name="luggage" count="1" size="6,2" sound_open="UseActions/open_suitcase" sound_close="UseActions/close_suitcase" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate" destroy_on_close="empty">

Argh I misread the question I was thinking the shelves etc that convert to the open state for some reason.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)