Baton parts scarce

Gronal

Anyone else playing intellect finding that baton parts are too scarce? I have 4 in electrocutioner and only 1 in robotics inventor, yet so far at day 9 I've had 10 robotics parts and only 3 baton parts.

Maybe this is within the realms of bad RNG, I'm not sure. But it feels a bit off to me.

1 hour ago, Exxodous said:

I imagine since the baton is to top tier weapon in intellect, your game stage is low enough to keep them rarer maybe?

No, baton parts are located in the melee weapon parts group.  So if you are finding any melee weapon parts, you can find those as well.  However, weapon parts won't show up until loot stage 42 based on their probability scale.  Range parts (robotic parts in OPs case) share the same probability as melee parts

Speccing into Electrocutioner, according to its description, is supposed to increase the chance of finding batons and parts in loot. I interpret that to mean baton parts.
But perhaps it's a lootstage issue. I can't play right now but I am still relatively low level, day 10.

I'm dual specced into perception for rifles as my ranged weapon, and haven't had issues with rifle parts.

Edited by Gronal (see edit history)

I've got 5/5 Miner 69'er and I think I've seen 2 steel tool parts.  I can (theoretically) make quality 3 Steel Tools, but I have nowhere near enough parts.  Granted, I also don't even have enough duct tape to make an iron axe or shovel yet, so...

Granted, I'm not even looting quality 4 stone tools yet, so I assume that has something to do with it as well.

You also need to take into consideration that the equipment parts, weapon parts, armor parts compete with tools / weapons / armor in loot drops.  So every time you get the actual item, that is one less time to get the raw parts.  The boost also applies to finding more of that item.  So if you perk into Dead Eye, you have a higher chance to find the magazines, rifles, rifle parts, and 7.62 ammo.