Allow time to be set to 180min per day...

I know we can go to 300min per day without a hitch, or maybe it was 360min (6hr long days, like in Ark) on dedicated servers. I would like to be able to set at least three-hour days (2 daylight hours, one night hour) in the game client when some friends and I are playing on hosted sessions. Unless there is some major reason as to why we cannot do this, it's the one big thing that bothers me. Currently, I have to start a game at 120min days, instantly exit, use a hex editor to edit the save to 180min days, then we can start and play so long as I do not touch any options.

There are some mods that change the e vanilla "menu options" to allow more options. Of the hours per day os not in this example mod then you can likely edit the mod to add the hours you want into it. I think a lot of options ate just comma separated lists in the game as well as mods that add more options.

i do agree it would be nice to have more options like this in vanilla, like "just have an hours slider for min/max allowed". Maybe when it goes gold they will improve options/selections as i have read the UI is likely going to get a revamp.

Anyway: would this mod help/work? Im not 100% sure but if its configured on the "server" this type of setting should? Be set on the clients without needing the mod (as they cannot change game options, and its an XML only change for options so that should sync to clients)

https://7daystodiemods.com/extended-game-options/

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

it is fairly simple to change that in menu by using say Notepad ++.

You just go to your game folder, open up Data folder, then Config folder and the XUi_Menu folder and open the windows.xml file in Notepad ++

It should be line 691 you have to edit. In my example I added a comma and 180 after the 120. After that you should see 180 minutes in your menu when you start the game.

I want to express that if you do this I am not responsible for your game changing it. As they say for educational purposes only.  :)

As you can see there are many more changes that can be made there. I added an option for DayLightLength to be 20 hours instead of the 18 if I wanted it along with other various changes to the menus.

As I said though be careful as syntax matters...it has to be right to work.

image.thumb.png.a6175813e43ddc00abf442bc6322ad8b.png

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)