Bug report - console suddenly appears with red text "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

bobsizzlack

Summary: Console randomly appeared and can't close it for longer than 2seconds

Game Version: A20.6 (b9)

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i5-10600K @ 4.10GHz

System Memory: 32GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 1060 6 GB

Screen Resolution: 1080p

Video Settings: High 

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on

Bug Description: as title says, console appears with error message and I can't play anymore as keyboard starts typing instead of moving etc

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) no idea, happened randomly and can't get it to go away

Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/yM902CQ8

20230321143140_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

That error is pointing to a crafting issue.  Try going to your workstations and canceling all recipes that are currently being crafted.

Legend - there was a campfire that had run out of fuel when there was a queue of water to be boiled. Cancelled it, campfire went out, console stopped popping up. Thanks for your help!

I originally curated the modlist I'm using back when A20 first dropped, and have dropped the ones that no longer worked as I spotted them breaking. Looking forward to the update for the chicken coop & beehive mods which currently aren't available - can never find enough eggs!

3 hours ago, bobsizzlack said:

I originally curated the modlist I'm using back when A20 first dropped, and have dropped the ones that no longer worked as I spotted them breaking. Looking forward to the update for the chicken coop & beehive mods which currently aren't available - can never find enough eggs!

See link.  It doesn't increase the amounts, but adds a higher probability of getting eggs.  Also has instructions in it if you want to change the probability yourself to a higher or lower number.