​✈️​ 7 Days to Die has an Airport Now! ​✈️​

AH64_Jimbo

Would you like to explore an airport in 7 Days to Die? Well now you can!

DOWNLOAD this new Pre-Gen map with Airport and Aircraft themed POIs (A21) from Nexus Mods

7 Days To Die Mods Mirror HERE

Featuring

• Fan-made 8K modified vanilla generated map named Circling Vulture Valley
  • Full Terminal with concourse and aircraft parked at the gates
  • Crashed aircraft that can be found throughout the Wilderness
  • Twelve quest-able POIs
    • Three Tier 1 POIs
    • Three Tier 2 POIs
    • Two Tier 3 POIs - Of which there are 3 duplicates of a Hangar, but each with their own unique aircraft inside
    • Two  Tier 4 POIs - back-to-back placed Concourse-halves which make up a whole, contiguous concourse
    • Tier 5 POI - A Huge Terminal which is about 50% larger than Dishong Tower! (But not taller -  Dishong Tower still holds the record for tallest vanilla POI)
    • Tier 5 POI - A Jumbo jet surrounded by emergency vehicles, left on the runway where it came to an ominous halt.
  • Two Runways, taxiways and tarmac
  • Dozens of various parts, RWG tiles and remnants for you to explore!

Download Instructions for Windows

1. Download the zip file to a known location

2. Unzip the file and place the contents 7 Days to Die Airport Folder in your 7 Days to Die user data folder typically found at;
C:/Users/<YOUR USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/Mods
Note: Alternately you can serach using 
%appdata%
to find the App Data folder

3. Start A New Game (SP) Start 7 Days to Die and select New Game 

4. In Game World, find the map Circling Vulture Valley

5. Customize the settings as you like and START a new game! Happy Hunting, Survivor!

image.thumb.jpeg.67d2bb3c70505485ac4e7d9fe213c2b5.jpeg

20230705142036_1.jpg

20230705143912_1.jpg

20230705143757_1.jpg

20230705140344_1.jpg

Circling Vulture Valley Map Preview.png

Edited by AH64_Jimbo
New Link + some fixes (see edit history)

Small Update: Made some minor texture fixes as well as migrated the map and POI pack to Nexus Mods, though the OneDrive link still works as a mirror.

Fixes

• Retexture cabinets in part_hangar_aircraft_01 **FIXED**
  • Retexture horizontal stabilizer for part_hangar_aircraft_02 **FIXED**
  • Retexture stair vehicle for airport_aircraft_01 **FIXED**
  • Airport Terminal: 
  • -- Retexture underneath house loot under bus depot stairs **FIXED**
  • -- Retexture underneath house loot on left-hand side of atrium **FIXED**
  • -- Retexture underneath house loot under right-hand outside staircase **FIXED**
  • -- Retexture underneath house loot HVAC on right side, ground level **FIXED**
  • -- Retexture underneath breakaway tiles in Security Room **FIXED**
  • -- Retexture cabinets in break areas terminal upper office **FIXED**
  • -- Near Baggage F changed to a block to allow textures to orient in the correct manner **FIXED**
  • Retexture Airport_Concourse_b gate interior  at Gate 4 **FIXED**
  • Retexture Chad's underneath breakaway tile on floor Airport_Concourse_a **FIXED**

• 1 month later...

-- CHANGE LOG --
4/18/2023
For the Navezgane Regional Airport pre-gen map as well as the Airport pre-fabs in general;

<Added>
- Two new POIs added to the tarmac
  -- airport_aircraft_03, a Tier 1 POI with parked single-engine light planes
  -- airport_aircraft_02, a Tier 2 POI with parked business jets

<Changed>
- Added upgraded barricade doors to locked restaurant and VIP section doors to indicate that they are usually not suppose to be broken into
- Locked doors between baggage claim and baggage handling area to indicate that players are generally intended to go around
Note: As an open world voxel game, players have the freedom to take any path they choose! 

<Fixed>
- Fixed an issue where the torch in the terminal atrium restaurant goes out after hitting keyrack for doors

Note: New and existing POIs can be updated on existing maps using the game's 'chunk reset' command
You will need to have admin privilege's for this to work
As always, whenever starting a new game on a new Alpha version of 7 Days to Die, it is far better to just start a new game

Here are the steps needed to add/update the POIs
1. Start the game and current world that you wish to update
2. Press F1 to bring up console command screen
3. Type dm (for debug menu)
4. Move or teleport to POI locations (listed below)
5. While within the bounds of the location, type cr (for chunk reset)
NOTE: This will reset the POI back to its default setting. Any added blocks, (including storage containers) will be removed. Zombies may or may not respawn.
6. Repeat this process for any other POIs you wish to add or update

List of POIs and their general position on Navezgane Regional Airport map:
airport aircraft 03 @ -1390, 38, -835
airport aircraft 02 @ -1490, 38, -835
airport_regional_terminal_01 @ -1266, 38, -1002

Edited by AH64_Jimbo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

couple things:

The 4 hangars, parts of the roof collapse upon entry.

The aircraft attached to the concourse via the causway, haven't found a way to unlock it... yet.

Almost done clearing the whole place on this playthrough.  Just have the aircraft left to clear, then I can get to da choppa!  :D

(can't have zombie infested planes coming after me!)

(thinking this would make a good challenge POI... start here, must learn to make the gryrocopter and leave)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't get a notification for this for some reason.

On 5/25/2023 at 10:45 AM, canadianbluebeer said:

The 4 hangars, parts of the roof collapse upon entry.

Yeeeaah . . . I had to work within the confines of the game. One of the concessions that I had to make was that in order to have a hangar large enough to fit the medium airliners, part of the roof would be unstable. Not a problem most of the time, unless the roof is disturbed (i.e. player or zombie walking across it, explosions, destroying support beams, etc.)

The irony is that the remnant "destroyed" hangar actually has a much more stable roof in the game. lol

The aircraft attached to the concourse via the causeway, haven't found a way to unlock it... yet.

The intended way to get into the aircraft parked at the gates is from the outside using the various ramps, ladders and vehicles attached or near an entry point into each aircraft. That being said, 7 Days to Die being a voxel-based game, you can always brute force your way in the aircraft! However you want to play! 😁

Almost done clearing the whole place on this playthrough.  Just have the aircraft left to clear, then I can get to da choppa!  :D

Hopefully you won't be taking THIS choppa! lol

20230608214100_1.thumb.jpg.62387f4821bd8974b0ecef2f3aea46b6.jpg

Last update before Alpha 21 goes live;

- Fixed various texture errors
- Fixed a roll-up door on the back of the terminal that was unlocked to locked
- Changed the texture of crashed_aircraft_02 from 'chalkboard' to 'green awning' to represent a more rugged, dull, weathered feel

15 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Cleared the place, and flew the working chopper out.  :)

That's awesome. Now my question is, did you find all of the hidden loot?

Just a hint:

There are 5 Secret Stashes in the Terminal, 4 hidden throughout the concourse and another one hidden on one of the planes for 10 Secret Stashes in total. 

18 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Have you thought about adding this to Navezgane?

I have, actually. The biggest problem is where do I put it? There may be some places, especially along the map edges, but I'd likely end up having to erase some of TFP work in order to make it fit. If anyone wants to take my prefabs and tackle this, I'd be more than happy to support them.

What I would rather do instead is create a custom-made 6K map from scratch, where all of the terrain is hand-crafted, all of the roads are purposefully painted and all of POIs (including TFP POIs) are carefully placed. This would, of course, be much more time-consuming than just modifying a Random Gen map.

There are some other ideas that I would like to implement in the future like;

• Adding additional and varied POIs
  • Create aviation-specific props to be used in the airport and aircraft, like actually airliner seats
  • Creating 'Tiered' Airports such as private airstrips, smaller local airports and Air Force bases.
  • Get my Airport prefabs to work with Random Gen

That last one, adding my airport to Random Gen, has been a tough nut to crack. Currently it's not compatible with Random Gen and would take a bit of coding to get all of the tiles to line up correctly. I have some ideas, though, and have been making small incremental progress.

In the meantime, I've got another POI in the works. It's still being developed, but here is a preview;

image.thumb.jpeg.bf28f40ba28eb5ee78ec10a3372148cc.jpeg

6 hours ago, AH64_Jimbo said:

I have, actually. The biggest problem is where do I put it? There may be some places, especially along the map edges, but I'd likely end up having to erase some of TFP work in order to make it fit. If anyone wants to take my prefabs and tackle this, I'd be more than happy to support them.

This is true, unfortunately it would require moving POIs around. Would be nice to see it next to Departure, but the real problem comes down to the size of Navezgane, which could really use a 10K revamp.

@AH64_Jimbo in order for you to get your poi to work for random gen you need to do a whole lot of down sizing to 200 x200 prefabs, random gen world no longer take over 200 x 200 poi's. I'm assuming yours covers a 500 x500 block radius with it manually placed in the pregen map. Not even sure what the zombie count is either.

29 minutes ago, Viper Seven said:

In order for you to get your poi to work for random gen you need to do a whole lot of down sizing to 200 x200 prefabs,

Thank you for the information, Viper Seven, but my individual prefabs are already smaller than that; My airport is comprised of over a dozen inter-connected prefabs, the largest of which are the special airport RWG tiles at 150x150 blocks. You could consider my airport as a small town, rather than one giant POI. I take it as a compliment that the illusion that it is one massive POI is working. 🙂

Airport_Prefabs.thumb.png.ac32b92dba516caa3e2d145b6f5b8786.png

My main issue with Random Gen at the moment is trying to get Random Gen to align RWG tiles and the airport prefabs in a certain, predictable way. Right now Random Gen is just that; Random. I require a certain degree of order to make it work.

I'm thrilled to announce a brand new Tier 5 POI added to the 7 Days to Die airport mod  , Jumbo Jet Emergency Landing

Featuring a large, 4-engine double-decker airliner left on the runway where it apparently came to a halt during an emergency landing. Curious Survivors will have to fight their way past the doomed emergency workers still at their posts, before they can discover what is left inside the aircraft itself. Beware! The zombie hordes seem exceptionally riled up around this behemoth aircraft. What dangers reside inside and outside near this aircraft? What secrets does it hold, and what loot can be obtained for the Daring Adventurer? Download the mod and find out, Survivor!

image.thumb.jpeg.9d5d0fa8c1872d24709d914710bbe0b3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f4157fc843a49e4577d19a5c4417dffb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c71fafa21862ca466866155fb1067d79.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.46a16678250c74fddc3cabc76f77a64d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.daf08b4d0f5fb37c91c14b03e091dd74.jpeg

• 2 months later...

This is AMAZING!  Love, love, LOVE it!

One very minor detail.  Runways are numbered via their compass headings.  In 7DtD, this gives the south end of a runway number 00 because you are heading north.  North end of the same runway will be 18 because the south heading is 180 degrees.  West end of a runway would be 09 (90 degrees), and the East end would be 27 (270 degrees).

With the pre-generated world map, those would be fixed numbers and not change.  In the mod form of the airport the rotation can change so is pretty much irrelevant.  I'll go in and manually fix the runway numbers myself.   Again, great job!  👍

On 7/18/2023 at 3:47 PM, AH64_Jimbo said:

...My main issue with Random Gen at the moment is trying to get Random Gen to align RWG tiles and the airport prefabs in a certain, predictable way. Right now Random Gen is just that; Random. I require a certain degree of order to make it work.

The bugs with RWG tile placements are the main reason why the CompoPack hasn't released for A21 yet.  If the tiles won't place properly, the prefabs won't go in right either.

On 11/17/2023 at 11:43 PM, Evil_Geoff said:

This is AMAZING!  Love, love, LOVE it!

Thank you very much! I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying it!

On 11/17/2023 at 11:43 PM, Evil_Geoff said:

Runways are numbered via their compass headings.

This is very true! Runways are numbered based on compass or rather magnetic heading, rounded to the nearest 10 degrees. Since 7DTD is based in fictional Navezgane County, Arizona that would give a magnetic declination of about -11 degrees from true north (give or take a degree or so, based on several factors). So while you are technically correct and very astute at noticing that the runways are aligned perfectly with the true cardinal directions (North, South, East and West). However, the compass heading that a pilot would see when landing or taking off would be off by about 11 degrees.

For example, a pilot landing to the north would see a compass heading of about 349 degrees, thus why the runway is numbered 35.

I used to be a pilot, so I try to incorporate real-world aviation practices into my prefabs as much as possible! Again, though, good catch and I am glad that you are enjoying adventuring at the airport!

But there is no deviation from true north, because the world is an alien experiment on human behavior and they didn't do that much research on Earth's geophysics...  They just made a bad copy of the world overrun with zombies based on movies and TV shows that had reached their observation platform in the Oort cloud...
😂

Observations confirm the No Deviation.  Multiple flights in the gyrocopter, MD-500, UH-60 and AH-64 mods (along with the unflyable @%$# of a contraption Duster biplane) all line up on N/S runways at 00 and 90.   Onward!  For SCIENCE! 🤓