Fanboy alert

bobrpggamer

I love this game [period]. Teragon just made it better.

I do wish I could mod as I have some cool ideas, like having a motorhome with 6 or more individual boxes of storage a placeable mobile bedroll and a placeable mobile LCB,

A tunnel boring entity that can bore through mountains with up to 35 (5x3, 5x5, 7x3 and 7x5) placeable augers, a road bulldozing entity which can level areas for roads with placeable augers and a steamroller entity that can automatically place asphalt and gravel on level bulldozed terrain... but unfortunately I am programming language and script illiterate.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)

On 2/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, Armor9 said:

Excuse my ignorence, but who is Teragon and what did he make?  Can you post a link so we can all check it out?  

I like the idea of the motorhome.  

On 2/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, Roland said:

It is a new map generator tool. There is a map thread in the mod tools section you can check out but I didn't see an actual thread for downloading and support for the tool--at least not on the first page of the tools section.

There is a download link in the description of the YouTube video if you open it on YouTube rather than watching it embedded.

As Roland said, it let's you generate maps for the game.  It was made by Pille and Tallman Brad has made some tutorial videos for it.  The discord server offers help with learning to use it as it does have a step learning curve.  There are still bugs being worked on, but you can get some amazing maps.  Take a look at the Teragon maps thread on Mods/Tools forum for some examples.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:30 AM, Armor9 said:

Excuse my ignorence, but who is Teragon and what did he make?  Can you post a link so we can all check it out?  

I like the idea of the motorhome.  

As Roland said, it let's you generate maps for the game.  It was made by Pille and Tallman Brad has made some tutorial videos for it.  The discord server offers help with learning to use it as it does have a step learning curve.  There are still bugs being worked on, but you can get some amazing maps.  Take a look at the Teragon maps thread on Mods/Tools forum for some examples.

Its basically math generated by the use of fractals and the like. Its not like Nitrogen where you have easy inputs, like less, more and many of a certain property. Which I miss, but with Teragon you can make biomes transition by height with a heightmap. and add your own heightmaps as well. I use trial and error mainly, as some functions do not make any sense to a simple high school educated person, or GED person in my case.

But like Riamus said, it is difficult to learn and without Tallman Brad Gameplay videos good luck figuring any of it out.

Edited by bobrpggamer (see edit history)