Subterranean military outpost needss better instructions for installing

kydyr

Hi there @kydyr can you give a bit more information? This will help the prefabbers help you more effectively. For example, could you link to the POI you're talking about? If it's posted here in the prefabs forum, the original designer may even be able to help you. Speaking of the original designer, if the original POI was posted here on the forums, you may consider trying to directly message the original creator, or commenting on the original thread where it was posted to get a quicker reply. There are a lot of custom prefabs, quite a few of which are underground military bases or bunkers, so it helps to know exactly which one. Let us know a bit more info and we'll be happy to help.

15 hours ago, kydyr said:

I know where the prefabs go but where does the dll go and the other folder go please. I can't get this to work.

No idea. See Deverez's note above. Also, Prefabs don't normally come with DLLs. Are you trying to install some overhaul mod? If so, look in the Mods part of this forum for a discussion that matches whatever you're trying to install.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:43 PM, Deverezieaux said:

Hi there @kydyr can you give a bit more information? This will help the prefabbers help you more effectively. For example, could you link to the POI you're talking about? If it's posted here in the prefabs forum, the original designer may even be able to help you. Speaking of the original designer, if the original POI was posted here on the forums, you may consider trying to directly message the original creator, or commenting on the original thread where it was posted to get a quicker reply. There are a lot of custom prefabs, quite a few of which are underground military bases or bunkers, so it helps to know exactly which one. Let us know a bit more info and we'll be happy to help.

Here is a link to the download. I will have to keep looking for the 7DTD website I found it at. Sorry but I miss named the prefab. What is confusing me is that the prefab download has a DLL file and the prefab folder. I know where the prefab folder goes. Where the DLL file goes I haven't a clue.  https://www.mediafire.com/file/zk41zk9mfn81ogg/weaponspec_subterrain_outpost.rar/file

9 minutes ago, Weazelsun said:

So after previewing both links and downloading it. There is no DLL file. If for some reason you do have a DLL file. It probably is not important to the prefab at all. Just install the prefab files as usual and it'll work. 

That is just what I did and it didn't work. I'll try both prefab files one at a time and try again. When it comes to stuff like this I'm stupid as F

Thanks for sharing the link @kydyr. I installed and opened this in the editor and it has many missing blocks. I am using alpha 20.6, and if you are as well this will not spawn in game. It is most likely the alpha 19 version of this POI and needs to be updated. I can do this, but I believe @weaponspec is still around so I'd recommend asking if there's an updated version or if he plans on updating it. If not, I can update the blocks, but I try not to touch anyone else's POIs unless they specifically give me permission.

I almost forgot to mention. You could update it yourself if you want. Here's a great tutorial from NAGG about updating to alpha 20:

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Deverezieaux said:

Thanks for sharing the link @kydyr. I installed and opened this in the editor and it has many missing blocks. I am using alpha 20.6, and if you are as well this will not spawn in game. It is most likely the alpha 19 version of this POI and needs to be updated. I can do this, but I believe @weaponspec is still around so I'd recommend asking if there's an updated version or if he plans on updating it. If not, I can update the blocks, but I try not to touch anyone else's POIs unless they specifically give me permission.

I almost forgot to mention. You could update it yourself if you want. Here's a great tutorial from NAGG about updating to alpha 20:

OK thank-you