NPC placement by Admin in game map (20.6 B9)

I can confirm that. I looked in the C# code when replying to this thread:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/29189-traders-how-best-to-config-them-to-set-real-quests-instead-of-treasure-hunts-that-ruin-the-map-near-the-lobby/?do=findComment&comment=490593

There is a replacement (which I wrote) in 0-SCore called "RandomTaggedPOIGotoSDX". It is a drop-in replacement for "RandomPOIGoto", except:

• you can optionally specify the POI tags ("Tags", not "QuestTags") to include and/or exclude;
  • it supports a "distance" property (either max distance, or "min-max" like in buried supply quests); and
  • most importantly for your purposes, it does not rely on a trader protection area to determine which prefabs to send the player.

Once you install SCore, you could use XPath to substitute "RandomTaggedPOIGotoSDX, SCore" for "RandomPOIGoto" in all vanilla quests. It should just work.

It is C# code, so it needs to be installed on both clients and servers, and EAC needs to be turned off. But if you really want to put quest-givers outside trader-protected areas, then I think this is your only option.