Is there any way to change the key bind from E to another.

kydyr

I'm using a mod named "Drs Pick Up Lights" that uses E to pick up lights

The other mod I'm using is named "POI Light Enabler - Real Time" also uses E to turn on/off lights.

Was asking if it was possible to change key bind, and if so how.

Ah ok, I know we are in mod section but there was no mention of a specific mod in the opening post so I just took it as a general change.

I don't know if you need to change the first one to just pick up lights. That just seems what the regular E interact would need to be.

Am not sure if there is a way in the mod to change the key to turn them on and off as again just seems like what a interact key would do.

You could try contacting the mod maker to see if it is possible.

Both mods are using the interaction functionality so you can't simply do a key change to get both of them working at the same time.  The second mod uses E and has a radical menu function for additional options.  Haven't checked them out, but both probably change coding (c#) so uses dll files and such.

The first one you listed is actually A19 while the second one was updated for A20.

A workaround you could do is remove the first one and simply make changes to the blocks.xml file so that when you harvest it, it puts the item back into your inventory rather than breaking it down into components like scrap iron.

Well then I'll give up on this. Thank-you for the replies and sorry for the title of the post and confusion. I'm not smart enough to be messing with mod files and changing things in them to get them to work like I want them to. Thanks again for your time and the information.

2 hours ago, kydyr said:

Well then I'll give up on this. Thank-you for the replies and sorry for the title of the post and confusion. I'm not smart enough to be messing with mod files and changing things in them to get them to work like I want them to. Thanks again for your time and the information.

Give me a day or two and I can probably have a modlet created for you to change the pickup with E to a harvest with wrench of the item.

Edit:  Please note that my modlet won't be a direct replacement for the Drs Pick Up Lights mod.  I am just going to give the option of picking up items that the player has in vanilla to power.  So any special coding that the original creator did so that other items (like Exit signs) that can be picked up and then powered by the player, I don't plan on doing - as I believe I have to make changes to the model in game for this to work properly and I am not skilled in that area.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Give me a day or two and I can probably have a modlet created for you to change the pickup with E to a harvest with wrench of the item.

Edit:  Please note that my modlet won't be a direct replacement for the Drs Pick Up Lights mod.  I am just going to give the option of picking up items that the player has in vanilla to power.  So any special coding that the original creator did so that other items (like Exit signs) that can be picked up and then powered by the player, I don't plan on doing - as I believe I have to make changes to the model in game for this to work properly and I am not skilled in that area.

NO NO please you don't need to go through all that trouble. Really I'm good. Thank-you for the offer and have a nice day.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:39 PM, BFT2020 said:

The first one you listed is actually A19 while the second one was updated for A20.

Just as an fyi thing, apparently none of the light blocks were changed between A19 and A20.  Drs Pick Up Lights(A19) works for A20.  I've been using it in solo and server play since A20 Exp rolled out (and I'm up to 20.6) and haven't encountered any issues with it.  👍

1 hour ago, Evil_Geoff said:

Just as an fyi thing, apparently none of the light blocks were changed between A19 and A20.  Drs Pick Up Lights(A19) works for A20.  I've been using it in solo and server play since A20 Exp rolled out (and I'm up to 20.6) and haven't encountered any issues with it.  👍

Yes that is always possible, but everyone should be aware of what level the mod is up to in case there are issues.  In this case though, both mods do different actions using the 'e' (Interact) key so whichever mod is loaded last would dictate what 'e' does

Thanks for all the help. Both mods work but they can't be loaded in game at same time and that's what I wanted to do. That's why I asked if the E key bind could be changed on one of them but sadly that can't be because I'm super dumb if someone found a way. Changing files in a mod is way over my head. I would need step-by-step instructions in how to do that. Thanks again for the info and replies.