teragon maps

crimson_binome

5 hours ago, spud42 said:

previewsmall.thumb.jpg.79e43cc35f248a83efadc89299bb5d13.jpgteragon49-1roads.thumb.JPG.84fb806d28526ba8f6543245926ac544.JPG

slight anomaly on the road bridges. Maybe there should be a minimum distance between bridges.  No biggie but not a bad map..

previewsmall.thumb.jpg.f4212cf13a3c65f40d1847d410e60b29.jpg

i like this one a bit better.. 12k map

The bridge issue is a known problem that is being worked on.  Those maps look good. 

With the A22 diary opened and the few vague comments from faatal about RWG. Does it look like any changes are going to affect this current version of Teragon? I realise that it could be anywhere from 6 months to a year before we see A22 released, despite the 2024 release hoped for by TFP. 

I am currently on day 106 of my current playthrough and starting to get bored. life is too easy..lol  I am going to play the last map i posted recently on the next playthrough. going to hold off making any more maps till A22  most likely..

23 hours ago, spud42 said:

With the A22 diary opened and the few vague comments from faatal about RWG. Does it look like any changes are going to affect this current version of Teragon? I realise that it could be anywhere from 6 months to a year before we see A22 released, despite the 2024 release hoped for by TFP. 

I am currently on day 106 of my current playthrough and starting to get bored. life is too easy..lol  I am going to play the last map i posted recently on the next playthrough. going to hold off making any more maps till A22  most likely..

There isn't anything I've seen that would suggest any problems but until they either give more information on changes or we try it ourselves, I can't say for certain. The stuff I've seen about RWG changes relate to things like enabling burnt forest or moving wasteland to the center... i.e. things that don't matter for Teragon as they don't actually change anything that affects third party maps.

They made a couple changes for A21 that requires some changes in Teragon, so it is possible that could happen again.  But I wouldn't expect it to take much time to make those changes, if any are needed.

Of course, this doesn't mean that a save made for A21 will work in A22.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Here is my newest map. It's 10k, I have been tweaking the settings to get a really varied landscape and heavily dithered biomes. The results are very natural blending of the desert > wasteland > burnt forest > forest > snow.

If anyone wants to play this map let me know. I just started a play through and I started 7k away from the trader in my spawn. 3 days just to get to him. I play 3x spawn on easiest setting to it's a lot more zeds, but each has less hp. Makes for a more "Action" based game in my opinion. Well. Here it is. The city in the NW corner is probably the best city I have ever had in random gen in terms of size and layout. This is 3km per side!

image.thumb.png.5193ecbb13d9510a21e0559fa822a951.png

8 hours ago, spud42 said:

do you have bridges off? that road looping around the river is mad! lol

No on the bridges being turned off. I have the radius of the rivers to be much wider than normal so they often don't catch the crossing lol

I do like the bridges, but I also like how natural the rivers and lakes blend into the surrounding landscape so it's a trade off. If you tighten the radius, they usually come back.

9 hours ago, warmer said:

No on the bridges being turned off. I have the radius of the rivers to be much wider than normal so they often don't catch the crossing lol

I do like the bridges, but I also like how natural the rivers and lakes blend into the surrounding landscape so it's a trade off. If you tighten the radius, they usually come back.

That is strange because bridges can span any width river you have unless you have the max bridge length value set really low.  By default, they should have no trouble spanning that river.  It's also strange that your river has a gap in in near the end where your road goes.  And even at the other end along the south edge of the map, the rivers aren't going to the edge of the map, which isn't normal either.  Not sure how that happened but at least you like the results.

Btw, might be on an older version of Teragon.  v0.48.0 added an option that allows rivers widths to change, which can make for some nicer looking rivers.  Of course you may just have the Create Rivers command set to use Fixed Width Rivers.

14 hours ago, Riamus said:

That is strange because bridges can span any width river you have unless you have the max bridge length value set really low.  By default, they should have no trouble spanning that river.  It's also strange that your river has a gap in in near the end where your road goes.  And even at the other end along the south edge of the map, the rivers aren't going to the edge of the map, which isn't normal either.  Not sure how that happened but at least you like the results.

Btw, might be on an older version of Teragon.  v0.48.0 added an option that allows rivers widths to change, which can make for some nicer looking rivers.  Of course you may just have the Create Rivers command set to use Fixed Width Rivers.

I don't believe it's the width that is the issue, it's the lack of deep cut to trigger the bridge is what I am thinking. The slope isn't severe enough to trigger a bridge. In my testing, until the slope got to a certain degree the bridges didn't appear.

4 minutes ago, warmer said:

I don't believe it's the width that is the issue, it's the lack of deep cut to trigger the bridge is what I am thinking. The slope isn't severe enough to trigger a bridge. In my testing, until the slope got to a certain degree the bridges didn't appear.

Ah, I see what you were saying.  It's a good reason to have Enhance Shoreline enabled.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a custom Heightmap in gimp that is 16 bit grayscale and would like to know what the correct Export settings are so that the file is compatible with Teragon. Any help is appreciated.

45 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

I have a custom Heightmap in gimp that is 16 bit grayscale and would like to know what the correct Export settings are so that the file is compatible with Teragon. Any help is appreciated.

It looks like Gimp updated and the Export dialog has changed.  There used to be an option relating to transparency that you needed to make sure was set to not export transparency but I don't see that now.  The main thing is to export it in 16bit without any alpha channel.  Gimp likes to include alpha channels, so be sure it doesn't.

when you export as a PNG file , in the middle of the export menu is a dropdown list. default is automatic pixel format .

If yo click the down arrow you get a list it contains 16 bit GRAY as well as 16 bit GRAYA.

I think the 16 bit GRAY is the onw without the Alpha channel.

Ah... I wasn't looking at PNG.  That's why it looked different.  When exporting, there is an option to save color values from transparent pixels.  That's the setting that determines if an alpha channel is saved.  The dropdown may also work, but I haven't tried that.

I made sure that both selections for Teragon prefabs were off yet the program installed a bridge anyways. I was able to get my map made and I am very happy with the program, thank you for all of your hard work.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.03.25 - 18.39.07.64.png

2 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

I made sure that both selections for Teragon prefabs were off yet the program installed a bridge anyways. I was able to get my map made and I am very happy with the program, thank you for all of your hard work.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.03.25 - 18.39.07.64.png

The best option if you don't want bridge prefabs is to set it to either use land bridges or else set max bridge length to 0.

I think there is also a setting for Max number of bridges per road that you could set to 0.  I don't have Teragon in front of me, so I may be wrong about that one.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:18 AM, spud42 said:

Ok, thiss has been an ordeal.

height map taken from Tangram heightmapper using Tallmanbrads tutorial on his youtube channel.

its a 10K map

i had to go in with GIMP and smudge some areas of the height map so cities would build at all. original had too much variations in height to let a city spawn.

I noter there are a high concentration of pois creating town like areas will remain to be explored if they make sense in game. They are linked with paths/roads. check the top right of the map, it spawned 7 ship poi's . 

Overall the final render with errosion rivers and roads took approx 3 hours on a Ryzen 5800X . It is the roads that take all the time. watching on perofmance monitor the road making only uses 1 core. interestingly it moves cores but only ever uses 1 core at 100% for a while then switches to another core. Shows 8% CPU usage. Maybe the road generation cant use multi threads?

If anybody wants it here is a link  http://gofile.me/6ZBka/e3JPhF3jD

1360687507_previewsmall.thumb.jpg.7c04b6f7b53d453f4be14a16cb6e0ddb.jpg

Long shot, but does anyone still have this map file by any chance?

On 2/4/2023 at 1:18 AM, spud42 said:

Ok, thiss has been an ordeal.

height map taken from Tangram heightmapper using Tallmanbrads tutorial on his youtube channel.

its a 10K map

i had to go in with GIMP and smudge some areas of the height map so cities would build at all. original had too much variations in height to let a city spawn.

I noter there are a high concentration of pois creating town like areas will remain to be explored if they make sense in game. They are linked with paths/roads. check the top right of the map, it spawned 7 ship poi's . 

Overall the final render with errosion rivers and roads took approx 3 hours on a Ryzen 5800X . It is the roads that take all the time. watching on perofmance monitor the road making only uses 1 core. interestingly it moves cores but only ever uses 1 core at 100% for a while then switches to another core. Shows 8% CPU usage. Maybe the road generation cant use multi threads?

If anybody wants it here is a link  http://gofile.me/6ZBka/e3JPhF3jD

1360687507_previewsmall.thumb.jpg.7c04b6f7b53d453f4be14a16cb6e0ddb.jpg

Hey Spud do you still have this heightmap? The original link no longer works.

took a while. i thought i lost it.  The map is for alpha 20.6  not sure if it works with A21.  the height map is called dmt.png and is upside down for some reason but the preview is the right way up..

https://gofile.me/6ZBka/ehpVQ5eHi

the file is on my NAS so it shouldnt move.......

I found the map of Ireland and one with 3 craters both a20.6 i think...

8 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Thanks to both of you!

Now I can troll an Aussie friend with a surprise as we explore a "random gen island" next time I host a game 😂

nice,  if you are going to use the height map to roll a new a21 map then rename the dtm.png to heightmap.png and dont forget to rotate it 180 degrees.  otherwise your map of tassie is upside down...lol  ( thats another Aussie reference, ask your mate.)  😁

ok what am  doing wrong? trying to create a new tassie map for a21. at first i got the file name wrong... fixed that now it generates to the preview then crashes!

tried it twice and crashes at preview generation.... here is the log file.

1  savePreset   :   
1  clearVariables   :   1,    1,    1,    1,    1,    1,    1,    1,    1,    1
1  defineCustomTag   :   seed,    4665948659465454
1  setWorldSize   :   10240
1  copyFile   :   C:/Teragon\data\game\Install_World\Teragon POIs,    C:/Users/Tim/AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Mods\Teragon POIs
1  copyFile   :   C:/Teragon\data\game\Install_World,    C:/Users/Tim/AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/GeneratedWorlds/T49-1 test 9\Install_World
1  setGameData   :   7 Days To Die,    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die,    Alpha.21.6,    true
1  addSourcePath   :   C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Mods\Teragon POIs,    true
1  readObjectPropertyList   :   //,    // ------------------- Teragon POIs --------------------,    //,    ship_poi;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:ocean;max_spawn:1,    mountain_camp;poi_distance:16;biome:snow;region:mountains;max_spawn:3,    //,    // --------- /7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs/POIs/ (wilderness) ---------,    //,    abandoned_house_01;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_02;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_03;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_04;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_05;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_06;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_07;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    abandoned_house_08;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    army_barracks_01;poi_distance:49;biome:desert,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    army_camp_01;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    army_camp_02;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    army_camp_03;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    bombshelter_02;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_01;poi_distance:49;biome:snow;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_02;poi_distance:16;biome:burnt,wasteland;region:mountains;road:gravel;max_spawn:2,    cabin_03;poi_distance:49;biome:forest,snow;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_04;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_05;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_06;poi_distance:49;biome:desert;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_07;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_08;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_09;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_10;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_11;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_12;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_13;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_14;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    cabin_15;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    field_concert_01;poi_distance:49;biome:forest;region:default;road:gravel,    gas_station_02;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    gas_station_04;60;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    gas_station_07;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    gas_station_08;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    house_modern_18;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    house_old_spanish_01;poi_distance:49;biome:desert;region:default;road:gravel,    house_old_tudor_01;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    house_old_victorian_03;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    installation_red_mesa;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    lodge_01;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_01;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_02;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_03;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_04;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_05;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_06;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    ranger_station_07;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    survivor_site_01;poi_distance:16;biome:snow;region:mountains;max_spawn:2,    survivor_site_02;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:island,coast;road:gravel,    survivor_site_03;;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,forest,snow,wasteland;region:island,coast;road:gravel,    survivor_site_04;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    survivor_site_05;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    survivor_site_06;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    survivor_site_07;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    survivor_site_08;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel,    survivor_site_09;poi_distance:49;biome:burnt,desert,snow,wasteland;region:default;road:gravel
1  readTownPropertyList   :   regular_town;7;any;center:downtown,commercial,industrial;outskirt:rural,residential,countrytown;layout:maze_3;extra_link:0.99,    small_town;3;8;outskirt:residential,countrytown,    oldwest_town;1;4;outskirt:oldwest,    //,    // <-----------------syntax------------------>,    //,    // town_name;min_tile_count;max_tile_count;center:tile_type1,tile_type2,...;outskirt:tile_type1,tile_type2,...;layout:layout_type;extra_link:float_number;gateway:gateway_tile_name,    // the order of tags after "max_tile_count" doesn't matter,    //,    // outskirt types 		 -> commercial, countryresidential, countrytown, downtown, industrial, oldwest, residential, rural,    // center types (optional tag) -> commercial, countryresidential, countrytown, downtown, industrial, oldwest, residential, rural,    // layout type (optional tag)  -> grid, maze_1, maze_2, maze_3,    // extra_link (optional tag)   -> 0.0 to 1.0   (1.0 always gives a grid layout, regardless of the currently selected layout),    // gateway (optional tag) 	 -> Name of gateway tile
1  createTextData   :   map info data,    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MapInfo>
  <property name="Scale" value="1" />
  <property name="HeightMapSize" value="10240,10240" />
  <property name="Modes" value="Survival,SurvivalSP,SurvivalMP,Creative" />
  <property name="FixedWaterLevel" value="false" />
  <property name="RandomGeneratedWorld" value="true" />
  <property name="GameVersion" value="Alpha.21.6" />
  <property name="GenerationSeed" value="There is no seed" />
</MapInfo>
1  importHeightMap   :   my height map,    heightmap.png,    0,    false,    false
1  filterErodingRain   :   my height map,    40,    255,    20238577,    1
1  filterGaussianBlur   :   my height map,    0.5,    false,    
1  scaleLayer   :   my height map,    5,    250
1  createFlatWaterMap   :   my water map,    my height map,    23
1  createNoiseLayer   :   my humidity map,    4665948659465454,0.001,WhiteNoise,5,2.0,0.5,FBM
1  createEnvironmentalRegionMap   :   my region map,    my height map,    my water map,    1
1  createNoiseBiomeMap   :   my biome map,    4665948659465454,    0.0003,    Cellular,    DomainWarpIndependent,    0.6,    2.0,    5,    0,    Euclidean,    CellValue,    1.0,    OpenSimplex2,    800,    1.0,    1.0,    1.0,    1.0,    1.0
1  createEdgeZoneMap   :   my zone map,    0,    0,    50
1  updatePreview   :   1,    1,    1,    0,    1,    1,    3,    0,    100,    my height map,    my biome map,    my debug map,    my region map,    my road map,    my water map,    my zone map,    my spawn list