enTowerDefense - Horde Mini Game

ErrorNull

Is it the same gameplay you posted earlier or a new one. By the way CS021s individual gameplay seems to be much more organized and intense.

About your new game. Very glad to know that. You will find at least me regularly asking questions and giving suggestions. LOL.

There several mods for 7dtd and each one of them has something very interesting which the other doesn't have. If you are developing a new game similar to 7dtd or creating a new mod, you need to know them in order to build a greatly interesting game or mod. Thats what I feel.

Is it the same gameplay you posted earlier or a new one. By the way CS021s individual gameplay seems to be much more organized and intense.

About your new game. Very glad to know that. You will find at least me regularly asking questions and giving suggestions. LOL.

There several mods for 7dtd and each one of them has something very interesting which the other doesn't have. If you are developing a new game similar to 7dtd or creating a new mod, you need to know them in order to build a greatly interesting game or mod. Thats what I feel.

Thanks for the fun mods as always.

I want you to tell me by function,
"On a dedicated server,
How to reset the game

"dedicated server
player data
When
In addition to "Delete region data"
do you have anything

<This is a translation. sorry if the grammar is wrong>

いつも、おもしろいMODをありがとう。

機能で教えて欲しいのですが、
『専用サーバーで、
ゲームをリセットする方法』は

「専用サーバーの
プレイヤーデータ

リージョンデータを削除」以外に
なにか有りますか?

<翻訳です。文法が変だったらすみません>

20 hours ago, a_jp said:

Thanks for the fun mods as always.

I want you to tell me by function,
"On a dedicated server,
How to reset the game

"dedicated server
player data
When
In addition to "Delete region data"
do you have anything

<This is a translation. sorry if the grammar is wrong>

いつも、おもしろいMODをありがとう。

機能で教えて欲しいのですが、
『専用サーバーで、
ゲームをリセットする方法』は

「専用サーバーの
プレイヤーデータ

リージョンデータを削除」以外に
なにか有りますか?

<翻訳です。文法が変だったらすみません>

hi @a_jp just so that i better understand, you have this mod installed on a dedicated server and after you finish the game session, do you want to you know to restart to play the game again? if that is your question, that what you need to do is on the serverconfig.xml file you just create new name for the GameName. then you restart the server, and the players can start over to play again. below is the what the GameName property looks like on the serverconfig.xml file on the server:

<property name="GameName" value="yourGameName01"/>   

whenever you want to start a new game and play the tower defense again, just change the value of "yourGameName" to something new each time. let me know if that helps.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:47 AM, Ganeshakw said:

i'm looking to make a game with similar physics and zombie variety like 7 days, but with less focus on fast pace fps / modern weapons, but instead more focus on infinite biome exploration above ground and below ground like minecraft, and casual survival elements for all ages like Don't Starve together. too many open world survival games turn into counter strike, fortnight, or some military combat game these days. i prefer survival that's more slow paced like valheim and lots of looting and strategy like project zomboid. what are some mods or game ideas that you would like to see?

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

Hi EN.

I will post a few suggestions as and when I remember.

Treat this as I would like to play such a game.

The very first thing is Purpose. Rather than just visiting different biomes and looting, or just to see the traders, which is a basic survival theme, there has to be a purpose.

Eg. Ravenh mod - Nitrate can be found only in snow biome and not anywhere else. 

DF - The enemy is so powerful that in order to defeat him and to protect your base, you continue to look for a better tech which can be found only in the wasteland and for going there, you need to well prepare yourself. It takes a good amount of  efforts . In a notmal game, after a certain stage, the player just keeps doing quests and waiting for horde nights with no other purpose. which is boring and then he goes looking for some other mods.

Well organised wondering hordes like Zombydayz and RH. If you have played RH, you will see that after a certain gamestage, its a totally different wondering horde which makes different sounds, has different movement patterns and textures. So many different zombie, NPC and monster characters are made till date which will maintain the player interest if they are included. Really amazing work.

Same with ZombiedayZ. Grouping of different entities and their attacks by surprise. Sometimes even exactly before the horde night. LOL. Very less repeatation of same zombies which appears like 5 or 6 of same original characters in a WH. A surprise Boss zombie appearance when looting POIs and in WH. Inclusion of enemy animals with the ones like there were in Character Packs earlier.  Even spiders have so much variety. Attack by the hordes of these animals in groups which forces the player to leave the battle and flee. Even a full powered Enzombies horde forces the player to run away sometimes. Lol.

Should not get  tons of food and water the need for farming must be there with difficulties in making a farm,.planting and then maintaining it. Securing it against enemy Zs or animals which destroys crops will keep player attention towards the farm.

Farm.protection must be done. Rather than live animals which stuffs player inventory with meat, more zombie animals and less alive in order to keep up the food struggle.

Age of obl. also has many exciting things like skull chambers, spider nests, many spiders coming out of the ground and attacking the player etc. CP POIs, New better looking trader shops

Purpose, need and maintaining player interest and the level of thrill, danger and surprise can be the key for a interesting mod or a game. 

This is all for now. I will keep posting things as and when I remember.

Meanwhile, please request CS01 to play Tower Def. one more time and post the video. Thanks.

Edited by Ganeshakw (see edit history)

『Grouping entities and attacking by surprise.
~Snip~ There is almost no repetition of the same zombie』
・・It seems to be solved by en-zombie. . (smile)

New Game "In the serverconfig.xml file, just create a new name for GameName.
Then restart the server and players can start over and resume playing. ”

I got it.

In the first place, "user
Dedicated server (public server)
Since there is no way to reset
That's right.

If you put out "red medicine" in creation mode
I was able to continue in a strong state (?).

I was thinking
"Upload it to a public server,
New game at user's option
~ Server player data and
Erase region data
yes. There is no such function in 7dtd lol

Whenever you want to start a new game and play tower defense again, simply change the value of "yourGameName" to a new value each time. Please let me know if it helps.

2 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

やあ@a_jp理解を深めるために、この mod を専用サーバーにインストールしていて、ゲーム セッションを終了した後、ゲームをもう一度プレイするために再起動する必要がありますか? それがあなたの質問であれば、あなたがする必要があるのはserverconfig.xmlファイルで、GameNameの新しい名前を作成するだけです. その後、サーバーを再起動すると、プレイヤーは最初からやり直してプレイを再開できます。以下は、サーバー上の serverconfig.xml ファイルで GameName プロパティがどのように見えるかです。

新しいゲームを開始して再びタワー ディフェンスをプレイしたいときはいつでも、「yourGameName」の値を毎回新しい値に変更するだけです。それが役立つかどうか教えてください。

私は似たような物理学と 7 日間のようなゾンビの多様性を備えたゲームを作りたいと思っていますが、ペースの速い fps や最新の武器にはあまり焦点を当てていませんが、代わりに Minecraft のような地上と地下の無限のバイオーム探索とカジュアルなサバイバル要素に重点を置いています一緒に飢えないでください。最近では、あまりにも多くのオープン ワールド サバイバル ゲームがカウンター ストライク、フォートナイト、または軍事戦闘ゲームに変わっています。ヴァルハイムのようにペースが遅く、プロジェクト ゾンボイドのように略奪と戦略が多いサバイバルが好きです。見てみたいMODやゲームのアイデアは?

Sorry if you have already considered this.
1. A pop-up message when spawning.
I'm stopping the spawn quest,
Message it "Welcome to the fence with the tower"
and the compulsory quest "Collect the bag:
Clear by holding items in the bag
"Collect the contents of the box: clear by holding items in the bag"

reference    <objective type="FetchKeep" id="vehicleBicyclePlaceable" value="1" phase="1"/>

popup message
"Let's start by taking the red medicine."

2. Quest: Zombie Kill

reference    <objective type="ZombieKill" value="10" phase="1" />

try it with PT
I was worried that I didn't know what to do next after defeating how many bodies.
Dasoku: You'll need a trader for quest reporting. 。

On 1/15/2023 at 3:02 AM, ErrorNull said:

i'm looking to make a game with similar physics and zombie variety like 7 days, but with less focus on fast pace fps / modern weapons, but instead more focus on infinite biome exploration above ground and below ground like minecraft, and casual survival elements for all ages like Don't Starve together. too many open world survival games turn into counter strike, fortnight, or some military combat game these days. i prefer survival that's more slow paced like valheim and lots of looting and strategy like project zomboid. what are some mods or game ideas that you would like to see?

I don't think it has all of these, but "Vintage Story" is moddable and might get you 1/2 way there. Its not on Steam. Apparently it was a Minecraft mod that is now its own game. Mayne you could hook in Minecraft mods (or something)into it? It has very detailed "chiseling" of blocks so maybe you could make a lot if block variations? It has "moving mechanics" (like windmills, gears, etc) so maybe you could make traps, etc.

Also: in minecraft, theres a "zombie" minecraft mod (tons of zombies) as well as (somewhere) a literal "7 Days to Die" minecraft mod that tries to emulate the crafting and stuff of 7 Days.

Valheim is moddable (and has a great graphic look/feel.. mmmm the water and sailing) but im not sure how hard it would be to add new models like zeds/biome elements. The other games i mentioned should be easy. Vintage Story has a developer tool (free) they support i think that lets you make your own creatures.

20 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I don't think it has all of these, but "Vintage Story" is moddable and might get you 1/2 way there. Its not on Steam. Apparently it was a Minecraft mod that is now its own game. Mayne you could hook in Minecraft mods (or something)into it? It has very detailed "chiseling" of blocks so maybe you could make a lot if block variations? It has "moving mechanics" (like windmills, gears, etc) so maybe you could make traps, etc.

i haven't played vintage story but have been following it for a while. it's got all the stuff i like --- great crafting, exploring, biomes, weather, etc. i may need to buy the game to see how far i can mod it to follow some more of the 7 days aspects i like (non blocky terrain, hordes of mobs, etc). good stuff.

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 8:20 AM, doughphunghus said:

Thanks! It was my second attempt as the first one ended faster.  The "scale up" of the waves brought the ferals/spitters faster than i anticipated and my first attempt was even less planned and went worse. The "time between waves" is very short (its fine, no need to change it) and i never think about "prepping" while i have zeds to shoot, so "making a small concrete wall" to let zeds pound a bit on while buying blocks and reinforcing is probably a better strategy than "throw down a few as needed as you'll always have enough bullets to thin the herd", especially in single player. I not a "great" player as i kinda like "unplanned chaos" so i normally dont spend a lot of time planning/building in regular games.

Ill probably give it a few more shots so ill record and post them. Ill see if i can find my mic to make it less quiet, and maybe at least give some reasoning of why and what im doing (or trying to so)

@doughphunghus

Hey buddy, I am still waiting for your second attempt. Lol. Sorry to trouble you again.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:40 AM, Ganeshakw said:

If you can post and share the link, I will surely watch it. 😄

I tried a run just now... and got to level 3 (ha!).  So far level 8 is still my personal record, but it was "minimal building" and its unsustainable past around that level, I believe, and building earlier is probably the way to go.  I don't generally play games/game modes like this, and it shows :)

I'm going to possibly try a "build a lot more floors walls faster" around level 2 maybe and see if that works better as it seems the drops between levels contain a lot more blocks

anyway, here ya go:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1735142995

@doughphunghus

Nice try friend. It seems the strategy you used in the first video was way better than this one.

I dont know why but the videos from twich looks darker than the ones from youtube on my screen. I am going to watch your Wasteland series too. Is there any chance for your videos to be posted on your youtube channel too ?

4 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@doughphunghus

Nice try friend. It seems the strategy you used in the first video was way better than this one.

I dont know why but the videos from twich looks darker than the ones from youtube on my screen. I am going to watch your Wasteland series too. Is there any chance for your videos to be posted on your youtube channel too ?

For the wasteland game i have going, i have added several mods to the game to make the indoors and outdoors darker, and the weather mostly stormy and dark. A lot of times i cant see things either unless i have the flashlight on my gun on, or the sun comes out briefly. I have to play in a dark room otherwise its hard to even play. Maybe youtube does some sort of post processing to lighten/brighten video?

For the youtube tutorials? I have posted, i had to upload a recorded video. I had some issues posting/updating comments on YouTube so i haven't messed with it as much, but people seem to like it (when they they to make money from content, vs twitch recent changes). Ill see if i can upload one and if it looks brighter. 

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

On 2/14/2023 at 2:37 AM, Ganeshakw said:

@doughphunghus

If it doesn't take any additional efforts or anything else of some kind from you, please upload your videos on YouTube too. I really want to watch your Wasteland series because of the mods you added including the EnZs. I have not seen anyone else's gameplay with these mods. Thanks.

I uploaded some, and am attempting another one tonight with more mods added mid game...hope it doesn't crash.  Youtube URL posted on my "Doughs Mods" mods page on these forums

6 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I uploaded some, and am attempting another one tonight with more mods added mid game...hope it doesn't crash.  Youtube URL posted on my "Doughs Mods" mods page on these forums

Also, please do not forget to add EnZombies if you haven't yet added. When last time I added EnZ to Apocalypse Now mod, I had to modify the xmls a little bit. 

I watched  your recent attempts in the Tower Defence. Keep battling. Lol.

4 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

Also, please do not forget to add EnZombies if you haven't yet added.

I added them, and almost all of the NPC patch compatibility mods errorNull has, and guppys zeds and some other zed stuff i have. I ran a steam last night but a naked zed appeared very close up and im not sure how twitch/youtube feels about that so I'm going to edit that out of the vid and mods (its my fault for forgetting to check them) and then post it.

fyi: other than changing NPC pack spawn probabilities to lower them (waaay too many humans were running around killing all the zeds) all the enNull zeds,NPC, guppys zeds, and enNull NPC/guppy patches have loaded without issue/warnings in a20.6 without modification!  Thanks @ErrorNull for all of the zeds and patches!

• 3 months later...