dwarfmaster alternative crosshair

dwarfmaster1974

Hi all,

this is actually more an attempt or a suggestion than a really finished mod.

Because in principle I find (especially with a 4K screen) the target crosses in the game much too small and sometimes barely visible.
May of course be due to my advanced age, but especially with larger hordes, I just do not see the thing.

For my part, of course, I would like to see here possibly reignite a discussion that has already been held 1000 times, that the game (like so many other games) offers a configuration for something like this.

Anyway. Here is the download: github.com - dwarfmaster-crosshair

Solved is in principle quite simple. The old target cross is switched off as far as it goes, and the new one is just a correctly positioned character at the end ;)

A20.6_2022-10-01_18-48-25.jpg

A20.6_2022-10-01_18-48-31.jpg

A20.6_2022-10-01_18-48-58.jpg

A20.6_2022-09-30_20-17-48.jpg

A20.6_2022-09-30_20-18-01.jpg

A20.6_2022-10-01_16-17-39.jpg

Edited by dwarfmaster1974
add picture with aiming in the sky (see edit history)

i accidentally replied in the other mod page.  does work well, ty

just wanted to know if theres a way to inactive it when in vehicle? like i dont need crosshair when driving.  would be nice if that can be edited/added in.  

Hi @HYper,

after a little research, I think I found it.

In the file `windows.xml` make the following change:

`<rect>` becomes `<rect controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="VehicleHealth" visible="{#!statvisible}">`

This means that when a vehicle health is displayed, the crosshair is hidden and this is only displayed when you are sitting and driving on the vehicle ;)

I have also customized this on Github. So a new download would do as well.

Best regards

Edited by dwarfmaster1974 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, dwarfmaster1974 said:

Hi @HYper,

after a little research, I think I found it.

In the file `windows.xml` make the following change:

`<rect>` becomes `<rect controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="VehicleHealth" visible="{#!statvisible}">`

This means that when a vehicle health is displayed, the crosshair is hidden and this is only displayed when you are sitting and driving on the vehicle ;)

I have also customized this on Github. So a new download would do as well.

Best regards

great thanks!

Edited by HYper (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Howdy DM'74.

As one of the more (shall we say) distinguished gentleman of gaming, I whole heartedly understand the losses one has over time. When you get to be my age (I got a strong fellin' that I got about ten years on ya 😉 ) your hearin'  is worse then ya eyesight. But that don't mean that yer eyes is gettin any better! As an old dog, I just ain't got much interest in learnin new codes. I gave up chasing new languages in the early '80's when the were programming a new language every 8 months. So, that being, my desire is: I was hoping this "targeting sight" improvement might become a Mod that would allow you to change the aiming point in terms of style (+, x, dot, bullseye {such as you have}, post with two side posts {all 3 bracketing the target}, ect..), AND (more important to me) the ability to change the color of the aim point. I find that often the sight point blends into the background (I have the same issue with the text when greyed-out, or similar backdrop colors). It would be a vast improvement for me, jut to be able to change the color to red, or purple, choice of standard colors, even... lime green? (maybe not.)

Have yerself a good one, and keep the powder dry.

Howdy @Robcat DeGaul,

thank you for your input.

Regarding the color, the solution is quite simple. In the file `/Config/XUi/windows.xml` you will find the following 2 lines:

<text_outline depth="1" x="49" y="-49" distance="2" size="50,50" text_color="255,255,255" shadow_color="0,0,0" text="●" font_size="3"/>
<text_outline depth="1" x="30" y="-33" distance="2" size="50,50" text_color="255,255,255" shadow_color="0,0,0" text="○" font_size="40"/>

The first line is the dot in the middle, and the second line is the surrounding circle. There, you can change the attribute `text_color` to your favorite color.
To find the appropriate color code I always use this page here: https://encycolorpedia.de/, but if it should be the color red it should look like this: `text_color="255,0,0"` and for example for lime it would be `text_color="0,255,0"`. 

As for the exchange of the characters, you have to try a little bit. The respective attribute `text` exchanges the content from dot to e.g. '+' and with `font_size` you can change the size in pixels. Maybe you have to adjust the attributes x and y a little bit.
Of course, you can also do something like `text="( )"`, there are no restrictions.

I hope this helps you ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...