New spear two levels higher, but worse

Riamus

On 9/26/2022 at 4:15 PM, BFT2020 said:

Your numbers seem off.  If you are comparing 4 different quality crossbows from creative mode, yellow and green should not have the same value.  Items from creative mode don't have the random variation in entity damage (or any stat) so the only difference at that point is the quality level.  So the green box should have a higher value than the yellow bow with the same ammo loaded.

Creative menu items do have random stats.

I thought I remember reading that crafted items have varied stats where as looted items with have default for that level. This was intended to make crafting more of a route to take in order to a chance at a higher stat item than you can just find.

Is this still in play?

12 hours ago, warmer said:

I thought I remember reading that crafted items have varied stats where as looted items with have default for that level. This was intended to make crafting more of a route to take in order to a chance at a higher stat item than you can just find.

Is this still in play?

From what I've seen, looted and crafted both have variable stats. I've seen a comment somewhere it's +/- 15% for looted and more like +/- 10% for crafted, but couldn't swear to that.  Crafted items do seem to have less variance though.

Bought items have no variance, and you can reset the stats on an item to normal by selling it then buying it back.

I believe stat variance is set to change next alpha, to remove overlaps beween quality levels - so a worst possible Q3 will never be worse than a best possible Q2 etc.