Undo shotgun messiah book completion skill???

JohnnyBuckeye007

So I completed the Shotgun Messiah book collection, and unlocked the bulk shotgun ammo crafting and the horrible perk that allows a shotgun blast to destroy wood blocks.  I worked hard to get to where I could run and gun with my auto shotgun, but just destroyed half a POI killing zombies because of this perk I don't want.  I want to remove this perk, but cannot see how to do it, so maybe if I can unread one of the shotgun messiah books it'll reset?  Right now this perk is ruining the game for me as I want to run and gun but instead have to be super careful I don't destroy loot because the gun shoots through a zombie and destroys the block behind it.

How can I remove this horrible perk, or modify it so it doesn't destroy a POI if I run and gun?

Edit progression.xml and search for perkShotgunMessiahComplete.  Remove these lines:

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" level="1" value="3" tags="wood">
		<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkBoomstick"/>
</passive_effect>

EDIT:  Here is the full section you're looking for:

<perk name="perkShotgunMessiahComplete" parent="skillShotguns" max_level="1" base_skill_point_cost="0" name_key="perkShotgunMessiahCompleteName" desc_key="perkShotgunMessiahCompleteDesc" long_desc_key="perkShotgunMessiahCompleteLongDesc">
		<effect_group>
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="ammoBundleShotgunShell,ammoBundleShotgunSlug,ammoBundleShotgunBreachingSlug"/>
			<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" level="1" value="3" tags="wood">
				<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkBoomstick"/>
			</passive_effect>
		</effect_group>
	</perk>

Edited by Maharin (see edit history)

9 hours ago, rateds2k said:

I am in the minority, but I love that perk. I use the shotgun to open walls and doors only. Saved my ass so many times.

I think it would be nice if they made some kind of toggle switch to go into "build mode" where all of your damage to blocks from any weapon or tool is reduced to 1 (or zero, I guess) until you turn build mode off.