XP levelling issue

RAGE PVE

We have 600 levels and a mod to extend it to this amount (Can goto 1000), but our season lasts 8 weeks and a player is already at level 450 so we need to pretty much address this.  

<configs>
<set xpath="/progression/level/@max_level">600</set> <!--increases player max lvl to 1000, vanilla is 300-->
</configs>

Thats the only code there in the mod, and then the actual progressions.xml is abit confusing to me, I was hoping to just say x level - x level = multiplier or XP requirements.

https://gyazo.com/808e1dc8608badcaa635654535608d18 here is shows he only needs 186k to level up which seems really low to me, should probably be 1.86 million more like but are we able to work out what the current levels are working at (first 350 I think?) and then what to do about following that calculation through to 600?

Thanks

From the progression file

<level max_level="300" exp_to_level="10000" experience_multiplier="1.05" skill_points_per_level="1" clamp_exp_cost_at_level="60">
<!-- Note: max_level is referenced in buffNearDeathTraumaXXX and entityclasses

XP to complete the current level will cap out at 2^32/2. (lvl 252 in A18)

A15: 8000 XP for level 1 and 134k for level 199, total cumulative of 9MXP; XPRequired = exp_to_level * experience_multiplier ^ level
    A16: 8300 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 11MXP
    A17: 11931 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 67MXP
    A18: 10000 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 11.1MXP at lvl 100, Some 48.5MXP for lvl 300 -->
</level>

There is a hard cap of XP per level set at level 60.  I think if you adjust that value, the xp per level will keep going up.  If you use level 60 in the equation, you get 186k xp per level after level 60

15 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

From the progression file

<level max_level="300" exp_to_level="10000" experience_multiplier="1.05" skill_points_per_level="1" clamp_exp_cost_at_level="60">
<!-- Note: max_level is referenced in buffNearDeathTraumaXXX and entityclasses

XP to complete the current level will cap out at 2^32/2. (lvl 252 in A18)

A15: 8000 XP for level 1 and 134k for level 199, total cumulative of 9MXP; XPRequired = exp_to_level * experience_multiplier ^ level
    A16: 8300 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 11MXP
    A17: 11931 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 67MXP
    A18: 10000 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 11.1MXP at lvl 100, Some 48.5MXP for lvl 300 -->
</level>

There is a hard cap of XP per level set at level 60.  I think if you adjust that value, the xp per level will keep going up.  If you use level 60 in the equation, you get 186k xp per level after level 60

so change to  clamp_exp_cost_at_level="600"> basically?  

Where would you see 186k?

Cheers, might be an easy fix...wonder if it impacts anything changing this value mid game

1 minute ago, RAGE PVE said:

so change to  clamp_exp_cost_at_level="600"> basically?  

Where would you see 186k?

Cheers, might be an easy fix...wonder if it impacts anything changing this value mid game

186k will still be level 60, but at level 100, you should see 1.3 million XP required if I used my scientific calculator correctly

Yes, change the clamp level to higher to keep xp gaining.  However, I don't know if there will be any issues (for example, if the value exceeds the maximum allowable value for the variable) so I would suggest making the change in a new game first and then just give yourself xp to quickly advance.

TFP might have clamped it because of issues it would cause.

Also make a note of this

Note: max_level is referenced in buffNearDeathTraumaXXX and entityclasses

I look at both entityclasses and the buff xml files and both have the same 300 hard limit in there for max level.  Not sure if that will cause issues leaving it at 300 or if you should increase that to your new max level

53 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

186k will still be level 60, but at level 100, you should see 1.3 million XP required if I used my scientific calculator correctly

Yes, change the clamp level to higher to keep xp gaining.  However, I don't know if there will be any issues (for example, if the value exceeds the maximum allowable value for the variable) so I would suggest making the change in a new game first and then just give yourself xp to quickly advance.

TFP might have clamped it because of issues it would cause.

Also make a note of this

Note: max_level is referenced in buffNearDeathTraumaXXX and entityclasses

I look at both entityclasses and the buff xml files and both have the same 300 hard limit in there for max level.  Not sure if that will cause issues leaving it at 300 or if you should increase that to your new max level

What calc did you use to geto 186k?  Ill switch these around on the dev server we have and see how it works thanks

On 8/19/2022 at 7:10 PM, RAGE PVE said:

What calc did you use to geto 186k?  Ill switch these around on the dev server we have and see how it works thanks

XPRequired = exp_to_level * experience_multiplier ^ level

So from the progression file:

• exp_to_level = 10,000
  • experience_multiplier = 1.05
  • level = the level you are calculating for, so 60 and 100 were the numbers I used in my example

My math/algebra is poor.

Out of desperation I used to use this accumulator calculator for a while to calculate the XP 1.05 as 1/20 odds on with

https://news.williamhill.com/bet-calculator/accumulator/

And then found https://github.com/Sonata26/7d2d-xp-calc which ultimately led back to here and has been very helpful.

https://sonata26.github.io/7dtd-tools/#/xp

I look forward to seeing where this gets taken as this creator is quite prolific based on the Steam Communities guides.