Lost my server xml in update

Fanatical_Meat

I appear to still have the save file(s) in appdata where can I find the world name so I can start up the game again?

seems like the server xml was replaced by a blank one. This is a home server not a rented server. 

I cannot find the world config file in my deleted items. 

Any suggestions?

On 8/14/2022 at 12:12 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

I appear to still have the save file(s) in appdata where can I find the world name so I can start up the game again?

seems like the server xml was replaced by a blank one. This is a home server not a rented server. 

I cannot find the world config file in my deleted items. 

Any suggestions?

Go to %appdata%/7Days2Die/Logs folder. In there you will find your output log files. The date/time is incorporated in the name. Choose the date before the update and read that file. It should include everything that you need.

You need to know the exact map size and spelling of World Name as well as WorldGenSeed if you changed from default. For example, if you use the same World Name and generate 3 maps…a 6k, 8k &10k sizes, they will be 3 completely different maps not different sizes of the same map. If I remember correctly, WorldGenSeed will effect placement of accessories like trees, rocks etc though I could be remembering wrong. But if you have all 3 items the same, you “should” be able to access that save unless I’m forgetting something.

If you know the map name (from the log) have you checked in the %appdata%/7Days2Die/GeneratedWorlds folder for a sub folder with that world name?

In the GereratedWorlds\<map name> folder there should be a 'map_info.xml' file that contains the map seed and size.

Try changing the server config so it has:

GameWorld = RWG

WorldGenSeed = <map seed from map_info.xml>

WorldGenSize = <map size from map_info.xml>

Always backup your configs....