Is Stealth play viable in late game?

57 minutes ago, Viktoriusiii said:

the... turrets... that... shoot... metal scrap? :'D
https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Robotic_Turret

And they are hardlocked behind a recipe that is so rare that in two games of a total of 90 days, I only found it once.
If you try and build an INT build you are completely f***ed :D

Also I meant CC (crowd control, as they knock down so many zombies!)

You are probably aware that your sample of two games has no statistical significance. I don't think my group ever had problems finding either the turret recipe or turrets themselves.

And I agree, turrets are, correctly used, quite powerful.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 7/25/2022 at 6:38 AM, Viktoriusiii said:

stuff

I feel that I  don't have the ability to influence your decision.  I don't think many of your reasons are logical, practical, or even applicable, and at worst seem selfish to me.  You want the game to change to suit you instead of acclimating toward it.    The game exists as is because that's the way its coded with a specific design philosophy in mind.   You might not agree to such philosophy, but just because you think its broken for you, doesn't necessarily mean its broken for everyone.  Changes you are implying to suggest would have dramatic side effects and would utterly change the way the game is played for everyone involved, not just you.   I feel like you're trying to romance an idea of 7 Days instead of acknowledging what actually exists.

The questions I asked you were a form of trap.   You seemed to hold onto the strength of the notion of how you were wronged, instead of how you *might* be wrong.    You argue for being rewarded instead, for playing in a way you say that is factually true, but yet you still feel like you're being punished for doing it because it isn't working.

Consider this:  Maybe you're not as effective at stealth as you think you are.   I have all the same problems you describe, and yet I still am able to combat those issues without complaint.  There's never any guarantee that if you do everything right that you still might not succeed regardless, but expecting a reward out of failure despite your best effort - then this isn't about the game.  This sounds like its about you.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 2:51 AM, meganoth said:

turrets are, correctly used, quite powerful.

I recently surprisingly discovered robotic turrets work as a silenced weapon. When turret starts shooting inside a room full of zombies it only wakes those which it's shooting at.

For comparison, when I start shooting a silenced 9mm pistol while sneaking, it wakes all zombies in the 3 - 4 meters radius. It's really odd, because turret doesn't have a silencer and seem pretty noisy to me, but not to zeds, obviously 🙂

Edited by Ray Garraty (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, Ray Garraty said:

I recently surprisingly discovered robotic turrets work as a silenced weapon. When turret starts shooting inside a room full of zombies it only wakes those which it's shooting at.

For comparison, when I start shooting a silenced 9mm pistol while sneaking, it wakes all zombies in the 3 - 4 meters radius. It's really odd, because turret doesn't have a silencer and seem pretty noisy to me, but not to zeds, obviously 🙂

Drone sounds don't affect stealth. 

This is one of the bug fixes of A20.6, seems very related.

Did you play A20.6 when you noticed that? It could be the scrap turret was fixed as well with the above bug fix !?

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

This is one of the bug fixes of A20.6, seems very related.

Did you play A20.6 when you noticed that? It could be the scrap turret was fixed as well with the above bug fix !?

That was only for the drones, not all the robotic turrets