Not able to toggle zombie AI due to 65% keyboard layout.

alanmakestuff

I am yet to fully enjoy the World Editor as I can't interact with the zombies. I have a 65% style keyboard and there's no access to the * on the Numpad to toggle the AI. I cannot find any command to enter into the Debug console either. What gives?? Please someone tell me how to either change the toggle from * to something else via game XML etc. OR what is the command I input to toggle it in the console. Be aware that plugging in a peripheral USB Number Pad doesn't work. That * does nothing either. How do you even know the AI is toggled!!!??? Where's the information or feedback?? Isn't this toggle one of the most important things everyone needs to be able to do, whatever their setup. I'm really frustrated. Anyone?

spacer.png

So I have tried a virtual Numpad.....this doesn't work either. I have no idea if I'm actually toggling anything. Nothing appears in the debug console when I'm pressing this *.

I access this with my 3D mouse buttons

spacer.png

What I imagine to be the solution made by photoshopping a screenshot.

spacer.png

okay, so some important information to consider that was hard to find. Zombies only work in a game when debug menu is activated by first hitting F1 then typing dm into the console, not in the World Editor. The peripheral USB numpad works but the virtual numpad doesn't. 

On a side note, creative menu is turned on in the console by typing cm. This gives you access to all the dev tools.

Hope this clarifies for others with 65% keyboard. There is no other way!! No way to change the toggle key from * on the Numpad to something of your choice. I think it's hard coded into the Unity game engine. It would be nice if the Fun Pimps could include the feature to change the key as shown above.

Edited by alanmakestuff (see edit history)

• 8 months later...