Recoloring a random gen map broke campfires

I decided I wanted to try surviving in a full desert, so I recolored the biome.png I random gen'd to be completely desert yellow. Once I spawned in, I whipped through the basic tasks, right up until the last one: craft and place a campfire. Crafting it was fine, but the moment I put it down, I received an error that prevented me from playing. After several attempts to fix it, I deleted the modified biome image and replaced it with the copy. When I loaded in, it worked fine. Anyone have an answer for this issue? I've included the image for the error.

OycdaPe.png

placing the campfire initializes the Find the Trader part of the quest and the first trader (typically Rekt) will most likely be found in the easyest biome... Forest. If you recolored the entire map to desert than I would assume that is the problem. I'm not sure if the trader location is hard-coded to the forest biome only but I would ask around... lots of people here will help you get it figured out or give you a way to bypass or even fix the NRE you are getting.

22 minutes ago, bigstep70 said:

placing the campfire initializes the Find the Trader part of the quest and the first trader (typically Rekt) will most likely be found in the easyest biome... Forest. If you recolored the entire map to desert than I would assume that is the problem. I'm not sure if the trader location is hard-coded to the forest biome only but I would ask around... lots of people here will help you get it figured out or give you a way to bypass or even fix the NRE you are getting.

Correct the first trader must be in the pine_forest

Ok so I deleted the biome preference and was able to continue the quest chain to visit the trader. But another error struck when I spoke to Rekt. Seems to be throwing a fit when I try to trade with him. I can bring up the radial menu on Rekt, and the quest updated to completion, but this error prevents me from trading with Rekt.spacer.png

Edited by Project_Demise
More info (see edit history)