Is anybody else having issues with a memory leak?

So, I stopped playing for a while, last played in A20.3. I took time away to play Dying Light 2 and Back4Blood. Anyways, I am noticing that my system is using an abnormally large amount of system memory. Now, my system has 64Gb of RAM so I'm not saying that I have a problem. Just wondering if others are noticing an issue.

My game used to run, with A20.3 using roughly 16-17.5Gb of system memory. A lot, but I have a lot so I figured it was just using what it could since the system had it available. Now, in A20.5, this sh*t has gotten almost up to 22Gb. It just seems to keep climbing. I tend to run the game on my widescreen and I listen to podcasts on my other monitor (sometimes on youtube, sometimes audio files). My system has never done this in the past. There's always the chance of it being a system update, windows always updates so it might not be the game.

Either way, gotta see what others are experiencing to be able to rule it out.

11 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

So, I stopped playing for a while, last played in A20.3. I took time away to play Dying Light 2 and Back4Blood. Anyways, I am noticing that my system is using an abnormally large amount of system memory. Now, my system has 64Gb of RAM so I'm not saying that I have a problem. Just wondering if others are noticing an issue.

My game used to run, with A20.3 using roughly 16-17.5Gb of system memory. A lot, but I have a lot so I figured it was just using what it could since the system had it available. Now, in A20.5, this sh*t has gotten almost up to 22Gb. It just seems to keep climbing. I tend to run the game on my widescreen and I listen to podcasts on my other monitor (sometimes on youtube, sometimes audio files). My system has never done this in the past. There's always the chance of it being a system update, windows always updates so it might not be the game.

Either way, gotta see what others are experiencing to be able to rule it out.

Even 16-18 seems very abnormal, and 22 seems WAY too high for vanilla (unless your running a heavily modded version).  I only have 16 in my system and I don't know how much I generally use (because I've never had an issue to make me check) but I highly doubt it was ever maxed out, otherwise I think I would've noticed by now.  I also tend to have the news muted or something else running on my 2nd monitor while I play too, and I've never experienced any major performance issues with the game and I've been playing for years on the same system I built 12 years ago that is still running DDR3.  Hell, typing this now with only firefox running is taking up 4.7GB (29%).  Maybe16-18 is normal for others but I personally haven't seen it.

Is task manager saying 7DTD is using that much memory, or just in total while playing? Because I'm thinking you may have a lot of programs running in the background that you might not even be aware of.  Or, you said you sometimes have youtube or something else running on your 2nd monitor so it could also be the browser and having alot of addons.  I'm just guessing here. But I'm only saying this because, as someone who has been in the tech business for nearly 20 years, this is very common.

For the record, you can open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and see how much memory each individual program is using by clicking on 'Memory' tab and sorting from high or low.  I would suggest checking this.

By default, task manager looks like this (I'm assuming Win10)

6R3bClq.png

F7etQQt.png

I have the MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner overlay running. I do tend to have other applications running in the background, but the system hasn't undergone many changes. Now that I think about it, I did install a digital cable program and an audio program so that I could clean up my mic's sound. I can't say that that is the issue as it only appears to have the climbing RAM usage issue while I'm in-game. Could always be a combination I guess. It used to run at that 16-18Gb. That is high, but as I stated I run other programs. 22, hell 23Gb, isn't a huge concern as I have nearly 3x that much RAM. It just got me wondering.