Things of the ground... reverb, mist

risis

Dear PIMP team, once time I suggested sleeping(rising) zombies and also zombies that spawning in the soil! But second was ignored. Why? I think this is LORE friendly thing, because most relic Romero-like films give to us this epic moments))) Zombies spawn underground and come outside, only in POI SOIL locations. May be needed to lay out some signs that zombies laydown. And take to that zombie more personality, or some freaking skills and sounds. I think that will be great))) 

Second, I wish to hear reverb in some POI places to give some atmospheric and dramatic - like underground locations, or open places like parking area. Not for realistic things, for dramatic atmosphere. Set it where it fits in your opinion. Also in conjunction with this, may be you consider about mist inside buildings, despite the weather. If building has 60% integrity or less mist must be gone. That fog may be poisonous and causing some diseases. Or this mist may be spread by the "squares" (location unit) and wandering on location freely. I mean it not bound to location. Thks alot

WGFHA7E3FRGK3EXSGJYFWDH6ZM.jpg

mist.jpg.4305b655b84d3765f1aa9d140dc6315d.jpg

10 hours ago, risis said:

zombies that spawning in the soil!

The closest I have seen to this is in the gnamod mod.

for “reverb” and other environmental sounds, I haven’t heard anyone talk about it or pull this off. As far as I know sounds are triggered when waking based on the material you are walking on. Other sounds are triggered by the materials when they hit each other. The only way to pull this off (IMHO) is if there were a sound processing step after sounds are generated that took “general indoor environment” into account and added the reverb/echo effect.  Kinda like how there are sound effects for instruments that are like “small room” and “large room” and “cathedral” that have a bit of echo to them as the “room” gets larger. They have some flags for knowing when you’re indoor vs outdoor, but as far as I know no type of calculations or “radius” around the player to denote the “size of the room” you are in. Of course, it would be better to make this calculation and effect based on the source of the sound (not just at the players ears) so if you were in a small room but zeds are in a cathedral just outside the door you would hear all the echos. 

If they could do this, it would be really cool. Especially when I’m a big room it would be deafening when you fire shots or zeds groan.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

23 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

The only way to pull this off

No, its easy to do - "FIELDS" an area that affect on player. Even if sound far from that FIELD, sounds does his path, right? From outdoors sounds fill room bouncing lilabit and goes to your ear - reverb, even if sound comes from outdoor!

Edited by risis (see edit history)

On 5/5/2022 at 4:50 AM, risis said:

once time I suggested sleeping(rising) zombies and also zombies that spawning in the soil! But second was ignored. Why?

Why do you think it was only you who influenced TFP with the suggestion of (sleeping(rising) zombies)? And why do you feel they owe you an explanation for not implementing your second suggestion?

As for the "soil" zombies, I like the idea, but don't see a viable way to implement the mechanics and animation required without causing issues. How would the dirt disappear? what would the hole look like and How would you prevent a player from falling into the hole it makes and possibly dying? What would happen if a player dug up where a soil zombie was randomly? Would playing digging a spawn point interfere with the zombie spawning? What would happen to the hole after the zombie left it? If left as is the map will eventually be filled with random zombie holes, if auto filled in that mechanic would break immersion and make no in game sense. Lots of consequences to the suggested rising action would need to be worked out first. No so simple and while a neat idea it's not something I would want added. Zombies falling on my head is enough.   

Love the idea of adding reverb/echo's. Would add to the overall audio experience I would think. 

On 5/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, Jinx_DG said:

I like the idea, but don't see a viable way to implement the mechanics and animation required without causing issues.

Lol, "you dont see"))) How you pertain with the PIMPs? I don't think it's in your authority)))

On 5/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, Jinx_DG said:

Why do you think it was only you who influenced

So,  suppose I used SEARCH form, lil bit)))

Edited by risis (see edit history)