austin457

(Playing Steam Vanilla on PC, Alpha 20.4, EAC off)

Still figuring things out, the mistake was mine and obvious, now, but I can not figure out how to fix it.

Short version is I was building a basement level base, wanted to back fill some spots, opened Creative menu and grabbed 'rock'. Did not realize until too late I grabbed 'bedrock'. Once I realized my mistake I grabbed the admin hammer and- it did not work. So I dug out beneath it, which I later read was the thing to do, and it did not work. The bedrock pieces are just floating in the air all artifacty looking and totally indestructible. I experimented all night with various things, even made a quick modlet to change the properties of bedrock lowering hardness and hit points and add a couple zeros to the block damage of the hammer. Nothing worked. Before reporting it as a bug I tried to recreate the issue, and I can't. I've dug holes both in my claim area and outside, placed a piece of bedrock in it, and when I dig out under them they fall, break and disappear like they should. But not the ones floating in the middle of my room. :(

I have no clue what the difference is about the problem ones, so I can't say I've %100 re-created the situation.

Is there no console/file  editing method of getting rid of these things?

TIA

I can't really help much, but;

- the bedrock protection is damage immunity, that's why the changes to damage won't work. You might find a thing to change in the xml:s by looking for bedrock or protection (or something similar - if I knew, I'd tell :) ) and disabling that.

- you might have a case of supported-by-a-pole, somehow. Are you sure there is no block above, below or to the sides of the bedrock blocks? Place 6 frames around to make sure; if you can't, a partial block may be there, providing structural support without visual ques.

- once you're sure there's no support, you could try "recalc stability" from the dm pause menu

12 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I can't really help much, but;

- the bedrock protection is damage immunity, that's why the changes to damage won't work. You might find a thing to change in the xml:s by looking for bedrock or protection (or something similar - if I knew, I'd tell :) ) and disabling that.

- you might have a case of supported-by-a-pole, somehow. Are you sure there is no block above, below or to the sides of the bedrock blocks? Place 6 frames around to make sure; if you can't, a partial block may be there, providing structural support without visual ques.

- once you're sure there's no support, you could try "recalc stability" from the dm pause menu

Fixed, Thank you. As soon as I read "without visual ques" I had a thought and tried it. Sure enough, my ladder was providing a 1 block sized support but was not visible in-game. Removed the ladder and the problem pieces fell. So obvious and yet I spent all night messing with files lol. A fresh look at things often helps. Thanks again. :)

Archived