Transferring Save Files (Playstation/Xbox)

T-1000

I hope this has not been answered before in the posts but I just scrolled through 30 pages of them and did not see a thread on it. So, I decided to ask here.

I am wondering if there is a simple way to transfer your saved worlds to a thumb drive and then back again when you would like to play on that world. With the maximum of 4 concurrent worlds on the console, I have run out of space quickly. I would love to start a new world but am not ready to delete some of the worlds I have been working on (one of which has around 700 hours on it). I just would like to know if I can save a world on a thumb drive to free up space and then bring it back when I am ready to play on it again.

I appreciate any help that can be offered here. Even if it's just pointing me to the thread where this was already discussed.

Take care,

T-1000

Oh my gosh!!! I don't know why I imagined that this would be a much more difficult process than it actually is. I was able to go in and copy the world to a USB drive, delete the world from the game, re-download the file, and then load into the world. I even made sure to check the save file menu in-game to see that the file was actually gone and that it was back after I re-added it to the system storage. This process was super easy and only took a couple of minutes from beginning to end.

Thank you very much, Sylen Thunder. I should have done this a long time ago. I will definitely be starting a new save file this evening! 

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

With the PS4, absolutely. 

How to Copy a PS4 Game Save to a External Drive : 9 Steps - Instructables

XBox probably, but I don't have one so I dunno.

No Xbox doesn't allow save files backed up to a USB drive because you can cheat the achievement system. For example, if you have a friend or someone you know who 100% the game and got all the achievements for it, and you take their save file(s) and put it on a USB drive then put it on to your console/game, you will start unlocking all of the achievements for "said" game. However, Xbox does give free cloud saves though, so if you delete your saves from the console, sell your console, switch consoles etc then it will resync your cloud saves back on to any device that you log your account into.