LF expert builder help

POCKET951

Problem I am trying to solve:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0ec2288d562af083fd51de229fe629a7.png

is there any way I can have a perfectly triangular interior/exterior roof?

I have tried with  all the 60 degree inclines/blocks/gables and I haven't found any that work. maybe because the solution block doesn't have 60 in it and I need to look at all the wedges?

outside view: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fa677c1dd2271a328c0e325007f41036.png

based on the research and architecture I have looked at so far, the block I am looking for doesn't exist. But I have been wrong in the past.

oh and one random question, is there a preferred etiquette for posting images on forums? I can't be bothered with uploading images to an external site and posting an imgur. It seems like alot of unnecessary effort. I totally  understand paste-binning logs  for bug reports but I think where appropriate it is acceptable to hide images with spoilers

Edited by POCKET951 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

is there any way I can have a perfectly triangular interior/exterior roof?

Is this what you're looking for? I'm still kinda new with building but funny enough roofs was the first and only thing i've messed with

I only used two block types, the standard ramp, and the standard cube shape. I upgraded random blocks so you could kinda see how all the pieces fit

outside:

Spoiler

ufrp9MK.jpg

inside:

Spoiler

xizWkMI.jpg

Granted the inside will technically be slight smaller than what it seems from outside

so what I want is achievable, but only if the roof dimensions are even length  wise.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.76d3ea2e189ed067a8e480274f969e13.png

we would need to make a 1x1 version of this block maybe?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6cf0a9dd2768cabd31e9fdc1c45f3d82.png

alternativeley we would need a cube 1/2 inverted gable corner that would also have a built in filler slope triangle that would taper off towards  center of the inverted part. Idk if anyone can visualize that or understand what I am trying to explain

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.09a4a2ba2a693b6c5671f6e19e30ad4e.png

l think it would look like the block picture below, but you would make a cutout from the other side of the block to the front so it looks full at the back but would be hollow at the front. Note: I am using a 1/2 gable to help visualize the cut out hollow section at the front

Spoiler

image.png.eb6fd6f97ceb09e113d372ef567ea18a.png

On 3/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, Boidster said:

image.jpeg.35dc22bd35a8ca665f1f74e2c2b24824.jpeg

I HAVE VISUALIZED IT . you would need a 3d  Triangle to fill half of the gable.

You could call it Cube 1/2 gable inverted quarter End 
or Cube 1/2 gable inverted quarter slope filler?

Idk how you name blocks but I have a visual of the space the modifcations to the block would need to cover.

image.png.3acb16bd4509ba0b8a91f4d58edc9889.png
 For more visual clarity:
image.png.44ccd001a3e9ce15d942fc902a9ff067.png

Purple concrete blocks: wedge 60 incline corner
Red: Wedge 60 incline
Purple: Cube 1/2 gable invertered quarter

3 minutes ago, Rotor said:

tetrahedron

to keep it simple :)

so in otherwords we would need to modify the   Cube 1/2 gable inverted quarter with a tetrahedron to create a perflectly triangular roof for roofs with widths that are an odd number of meters.