Null Reference Exception Error

Geministar14

Some help please! Hubs and I have been on our map - currently on day 64. Since the hotfix, we haven't been able to play our map. We started it up last night to find our base, in the forest, looked like we were in the wastelands. We can't do any quests, nothing works now. Can we salvage this world or should we just start over? Thank You!!

Note: playing Vanilla, no mods, no cheats.

https://pastebin.com/cracG1vZ

Edited by Geministar14 (see edit history)

• Geministar14 changed the title to Null Reference Exception Error
4 hours ago, Geministar14 said:

Some help please! Hubs and I have been on our map - currently on day 64. Since the hotfix, we haven't been able to play our map. We started it up last night to find our base, in the forest, looked like we were in the wastelands. We can't do any quests, nothing works now. Can we salvage this world or should we just start over? Thank You!!

Note: playing Vanilla, no mods, no cheats.

https://pastebin.com/cracG1vZ

There are no errors in that log.

5 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

There are no errors in that log.

That was the last log and im not sure what to look for - if there is errors. There is one thing I noticed, upon starting up that game. I hit F1 and in yellow it said "WRN EOS logeosanalytics warning eos sdk analytics disabled for route 1." 

Could that possibly have something to do with it? I've never experienced something like this before.

3 hours ago, Geministar14 said:

That was the last log and im not sure what to look for - if there is errors. There is one thing I noticed, upon starting up that game. I hit F1 and in yellow it said "WRN EOS logeosanalytics warning eos sdk analytics disabled for route 1." 

Could that possibly have something to do with it? I've never experienced something like this before.

That line is very normal and is in everybodys log. There are a ton of “[NM] DataRecieved: Bad!” errors in your log. Sometimes this can be a networking issue, sometimes an antivirus issue and, in at least one case, I don’t think a cause was discovered. Try excluding your game folder and save folder from your antivirus. Make sure that you have the correct ports forwarded on your router. Try, if at all possible, to use a wired connection instead of wireless as there are many things that can cause just enough disturbance to lose data over wireless. There is also the possibility that your save was corrupted although I don’t see it in the log but your description of what you guys are seeing really sounds like it. Could you have posted the wrong log?

5 hours ago, Star69 said:

That line is very normal and is in everybodys log. There are a ton of “[NM] DataRecieved: Bad!” errors in your log. Sometimes this can be a networking issue, sometimes an antivirus issue and, in at least one case, I don’t think a cause was discovered. Try excluding your game folder and save folder from your antivirus. Make sure that you have the correct ports forwarded on your router. Try, if at all possible, to use a wired connection instead of wireless as there are many things that can cause just enough disturbance to lose data over wireless. There is also the possibility that your save was corrupted although I don’t see it in the log but your description of what you guys are seeing really sounds like it. Could you have posted the wrong log?

Ok, thank you for that, good to know. I logged in quickly to snap some pics and get a new output log: https://pastebin.com/dd9NgXPn

I took these 2 pics as well, trees have disappeared, the road has disappeared, traders no longer speak and I only get Buried Supplies options for quests. 

274470610_655388635666352_1765659459433412172_n.jpg

274304291_1830212290518115_2197428053501341969_n.jpg

Yeah that error is still there. Here's a way to determine if it's a connection problem or a save game problem. Generate a new seed and join. Run around a few minutes then quit and post the log from the new map. If that error is still there, there is something going on with your network. If there is no more error, I'm sorry to say that you've lost that save.

On 2/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, Geministar14 said:

We started it up last night to find our base, in the forest, looked like we were in the wastelands.

There is an issue with the World Gen Previewer that can cause this effect.

The problem is that you can create a world with the same name as an existing world, but with different

charateristics. This then messes up your current world as biomes, mountains, etc. can change.

4 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

There is an issue with the World Gen Previewer that can cause this effect.

The problem is that you can create a world with the same name as an existing world, but with different

charateristics. This then messes up your current world as biomes, mountains, etc. can change.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I have never used the world previewer, does that make a difference? 
This hasn't happened to me before, and not so late in game.

2 hours ago, Star69 said:

Yeah that error is still there. Here's a way to determine if it's a connection problem or a save game problem. Generate a new seed and join. Run around a few minutes then quit and post the log from the new map. If that error is still there, there is something going on with your network. If there is no more error, I'm sorry to say that you've lost that save.

Ok, I started up a new game, ran around for a few mins in my spawn area. This is the log: https://pastebin.com/Nd7CW3vR

I was also told to check packet loss and how to check - if this even helps. I also checked my antivirus, it hasn't been on in a while lol. I'm not sure what else I can do. I've left that game up, to fiddle around, but we've already started a new one and its fine. I do however, still have that yellow warning, WRN disabled analytics route 1 though. It just sucks to have gotten to day 64 only to have it go kaput.

274402094_364138508891587_6789749278011561276_n.jpg

Don’t worry about the disabled route analytics warning….it’s in everyones log and not a problem. Your new log is clean so the problem is only that first save. It’s too bad you have to start over but at least you know that you don’t have a continuing issue that needs resolved.