Stuttering When Looking Laterally

Darthbob2000

Been playing for about a month with little-to-no issues.  But every once in a while I load the game and it stutters when I look around/laterally, but it's fine if I run straight forward.  FPS stay high the entire time when the stuttering occurs and CPU/GPU are not spiking at all.  Anyone run into this issue and know how a fix?  It seems to sometimes fix itself after I stop playing for a while then come back to the game, but I'd like to find a more permanent solution.  This occurs both when playing on a remote dedicated server and my solo local game.

I've tried restarting (both game and PC), turning all in-game settings to the lowest value, resetting key/mouse bindings, updating video drivers, turning off as many background apps as I can.

Below is an example of what happens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUDQDNfe_9o

Thanks for the reply @Beelzybub!

Looks like I do have Shader Pre-Caching enabled in Steam.  I've also turned down all of the graphics to the lowest settings (including motion blur) but it doesn't fix the issue.

The stuttering is weird because it doesn't happen all the time.  Some nights I can play for hours and it plays fine.  And it will only happen right after I start/join a game (both local and on dedicated server).  It never happens in the middle of playing.  I either start good or start bad.  And the FPS is pretty much always at 60, even when the stuttering occurs.

I also notice that when I alt-tab while the stuttering is occurring the rest of my PC is also lagging (my PC doesn't lag while alt-tabbed when the game is not stuttering).  It seems like the game is hindering my entire PC, even though my cpu/memory usage is still low (Intel i9 9900K, 32 GB RAM).  I don't notice any other processes running up any CPU utilization and have tried killing a bunch of processes to see if its something else but no luck.

I've also tried stopping Windows defender and have uninstall anti viruses but it still occurs.

Something just dawned on me.  Maybe this is only a Mouse issue.  Because when I move using just the keyboard (strafing) there is no stuttering.  My FPS never drop below 60 and no sign of CPU or GPU over utilization at any time.

I've tried using the launcher with "Exclusive Fullscreen Mode" and "Use Native Input Module" checked, but it doesn't fix it.

Maybe the mouse issue is still occurring when I alt-tab (which made me think it was my entire PC stuttering).  The issue goes away as soon as I exit back to the games main menu.

Anyone run into this, or have any idea's of what to try?

I'm using a Logitech G703 mouse (I have tried closing the logitech software but it had no effect).

Edited by Darthbob2000 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Darthbob2000 said:

I think I figured it out.  It was something with my mouse and my game controller (Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2).  As soon as I turned on my controller everything started working as normal.

Interesting. I’m a huge fan of Logitech mice and keep buying the G502 because it has been flawless for me. I don’t use a controller at all which is why I probably haven’t had the problem you have. Glad it’s fixed though it’s still curious why you need the controller turned on.