Black Screen after Pimps screen where menu should be!

Kutchek

Hi all

I've had this game since A11/12, and have over 200 hours so far

I recently picked it up again and after some initial Random Game World Generation issues which were rectified with a completely new install (and deletion of ALL 7D2D files), I was happily playing along on my new A20 game!! 

Well, up until this evening... 

I stopped playing this afternoon, and when I went to log in this evening, I started it up, it went through the Easy Cheat screen and then past the Free Pimps screen, and whn it should have hit the menu screen, I just get a black screen with the game music in the background and the stone arrowhead cursor 🤷🏻‍♂️

All I did was log out, go to sleep (I'm on night shift) and log back in! 

My gpu drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, I made sure I was only running Microsoft Vision C++ as the 2015-2022 version (both x64 and x86) 

As said, it was a completely fresh install with no old versions, no old save games from previous Alphas   so I'm stumped!! 

Can anyone help please? 

System 

I9-10850K 

32gb ram

Evo 970 ssd

Barracuda 2tb HDD

Seagate 4tb External

GTX1070 (temp gpu whilst my 3080ti is being replaced because of breakdown) 

It's been running fine with this setup for a few days, and then has just stopped whilst I've been sleeping! 

Edited by Kutchek (see edit history)

Oki doki

I'll have to wait until I get home from work in the morning as I'm on night shift

Is there a walk though for doing that, as I've never done it before? 

Thanks for the reply

5 minutes ago, Star69 said:

Post your log file using a link from pastebin...the answer is probably in there

4 hours ago, Kutchek said:

Oki doki

I'll have to wait until I get home from work in the morning as I'm on night shift

Is there a walk though for doing that, as I've never done it before? 

Thanks for the reply

Found the walkthrough in a thread abovel

OK... Not going to believe this... 

After trying 3 times to log in this morning and failing, for some reason I wanted to try again before turning everything off and going to sleep 

Well, it decided to kick on and load up

All I did was go into the save game data and click on my  worlds Biome as I was curious what the entire world looked like, and then closed that off, and that's when I tried to log in again, with success.... 

This game seriously has a mind of its own, and has more bugs than a 30 year old mattress!!! 

Anyway, it seems to be working for the moment, so please don't delete this thread just in case it decides to have another Hissy fit and break on me again lol 😂 

Edited by Kutchek (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Your logs look normal. One possibility for the quick cut off is that security software stopped the load.

Adding exclusions in your av software for the game and save folders is recommended. Instructions

are in the faq post that you've already found.

Ok thanks for the reply! 

If it happens again, I'll check that and make any changes that may work! 

Thanks again!