Clipping issues

Deatheron

I'm loving current alpha 20, but will all excitement I found that clipping bugs are very immersion breaking as for me. F.e. in my latest stone-cube base bear was bashing my iron doors and I had difficulties repairing them because his head was clipping through doors. Same with zombies - they usually do hit me through doors. I'm a long time 7D2D player and I don't recall such a issues in previous alpha(s). I suppose that newly introduced zombie crawling through 1 block spaces can be the reason.

Maybe this is a know issue - I've tried to look on this forum for similar thread but with no success.

Build: Alpha 20.2 (b2), playing SP only, no mods, warrior difficulty, forest biome (I play till death and restart). 

6 hours ago, Deatheron said:

I'm a long time 7D2D player and I don't recall such a issues in previous alpha(s). I suppose that newly introduced zombie crawling through 1 block spaces can be the reason.

It has been an issue in previous Alphas.

I initially felt bad about being able to hit spider zombies through hatches, then realized they could hit me back so I called it even  🙂

Yes, that was my point - in previous alphas as @BFT2020 wrote - that bug was also present but was less noticeable / annoying. But in a20 - I made a simple cube zombie base - 3 block high, with middle block empty but filled with 'plate double' block. This allowed me to use melee weapons from inside. But it seems that zombies are glitched trying to crawl between upper and lower blocks and then are kind of pushed by those behind - inside. It can be a new game mechanics - but it does look as glich like with those clipping through block. I don't recall if half of bear was previously in my base through the metal door trying to get me :)

I had a bear glitch completely through a gate into a walled area in one of the previous alphas.

It seems they are working on a feature that zombies can crawl through narrower spaces. The feature seems to have been postponed to A21 (according to Roland), though I see zombies crawling quite often !?

In other words, this seems to be an area that is in flux at the moment