arms

Long story short. I have a club that extends my reach. I swing the club and I am to far away to make contact. The zed can hit me with their very long arms. It is as though their arms , despite looking like normal length, are more than twice their length.

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

If you are logging into a multiplayer server and have network or performance issues there can be rubberbanding effects that make zombies hit you while standing far off, but I assume you are not talking about that effect.

If you just talk about normal single player, yes they have surprisingly long arms and they also always walk into your direction. I'm used to them so may not notice an issue where a new player gets surprised. Still with a club I can hit them from farther away than they can reach. I still have to make a step back after the hit because they usually walk in my direction.

Single player for me.

I have had that problem/issue in another game recently. At the time I went Mr. angry and said something like, 'Oh dear zed longarm', or, ' The long arm of the zed'. Well something-ish

With a machette in my greasy had, I have not managed to guve a zed a close shave, not even close, and yet it can hit me. Ho Humm swear word time. Yep, I am not happy about this even though it is under Alpha. Anytime the devs can look into this please

While I am in the mood. No not that one.

I use a combination of Xbox controller, keyboard and mouse. It works for me.

1( I pull up the map and scroll etc with the controller, sometimes it works like that and other times the mouse is controlling the map.

2) <-- correct way. Access the vehicle sometimes uses the keyboard and soetimes the controller. Considering I was using the controller 2 seconds before.

The way to solve that is to quit to main menu and continue, not ideal but it is a workaround

45 minutes ago, Phil said:

With a machette in my greasy had, I have not managed to guve a zed a close shave, not even close, and yet it can hit me. Ho Humm swear word time. Yep, I am not happy about this even though it is under Alpha. Anytime the devs can look into this please

While I am in the mood. No not that one.

I use a combination of Xbox controller, keyboard and mouse. It works for me.

1( I pull up the map and scroll etc with the controller, sometimes it works like that and other times the mouse is controlling the map.

2) <-- correct way. Access the vehicle sometimes uses the keyboard and soetimes the controller. Considering I was using the controller 2 seconds before.

The way to solve that is to quit to main menu and continue, not ideal but it is a workaround

In the meantime, if you are interested, you might check in the mod section. I remember reading that someone made a mod just for this. It adjusts player and zombie reach. I can’t remember the name of it though.

15 minutes ago, Star69 said:

In the meantime, if you are interested, you might check in the mod section. I remember reading that someone made a mod just for this. It adjusts player and zombie reach. I can’t remember the name of it though.

Thank you, I will look into that in the next few days

17 minutes ago, Star69 said:

I finally remembered, Jaxteller made the zombie reach modlet. If you search for his list of mods in the Mods forum it’ll be in there

Found it and it is installed. No news to report YET. I have a good feeling about this

I use that mod on my dedi server as their reach, even on low ping, is dumb in MP. I had to tweak it though as it felt it was lowered too far in the other direction. And in a SP game it felt like they had to be touching me to hit me, so that was bad.

These are the last 3 lines from his mod, with the values I use.

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">1.4</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/effect_group[@name='meleeHandMaster']/passive_effect[@name='DamageFalloffRange']@value">1.4</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandZombieCop']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value">1.5</set>