Day Night Length Limit?

Stormeagle

I have a friend on my server who has a lot more free time than others and keeps running the time up on the server. To combat this I told him when he gets on ill increase the day night length so he doesn't run us up the whole way to a blood moon every time we aren't on. Upon changing the server setting I noticed that if I set the number too high it resets the server so that when you log in its showing day 1 at 00:00 hours (even though we are currently on day 28). The highest I was able to go so far in my testing is 360 minutes. Does anyone know if there is a max time you can set the day night length on a server?

If the problem is that bad then it sounds to me like the best option is for your friend to play a solo game on the side. He is basically playing solo now but running up your day count. Just ask him to play his own private game whenever you guys can't all play together. I have a solo game on the side, myself, and both games are fun to play.

Another option which I use in my co-op server where I'm on all the time, but my friend only plays once a week or so, is to use settime to push the day back a few days. So maybe I play from day 29 to day 34 and I'm going to get into the Day 35 blood moon before we play together. I'll use settime to go back a day so I can keep playing without hitting horde day.

Of course this has the effect of us getting quite a bit more done in the "7 days" between hordes than we would otherwise. We might get 8 or 10 in-game days of work done because I keep pushing the day back until he can play.

Also other folks have reported issues with settime and trader resets. We've never experienced any problems with that, but we might just be lucky.