I think motorcycle might be my new favorite vehicle

Shelgeyr

I'm a bit of a packrat and not being able to bring home everything I find is ... hard. I've actually walked away from an unfinished POI rather than start making those tough decisions about what to keep and what to leave behind. So for a long time, I've felt the 4x4 was the clear winner thanks to its storage capacity.

Then I tried driving off-roading in the wasteland, and OMG those bloody tank caltrops!

I mean, virtually everything about the wasteland terrain is super frustrating but the scrap iron piles more than anything else.

Just driving around town wasn't quite enough to convince me even though I would alternate between "detour around shortcuts that work fine for 2-wheelers" and "spend some quality time widening those pesky tight spots". But then I got a playthrough where the trader offered a motorcycle for sale just around the time I had enough Dukes to buy it and I'm now on day 34 without seeing a 4x4, the parts needed for assembly, or schematics to build 'em myself. And the more I use that motorcycle to get me around, the more I like its maneuverability.

See the source image

I like the motorcycle but prefer the 4x4.  I find the motorcycle to be too prone to sliding a complete 180 or flipping on small bumps.  It's really annoying when you are running from a group of zombies and hit some black ice or something and now you are facing directly into the group you were trying to run away from lol.  I find it gets even worse when you add the speed mod to the motorcycle.

I use the motorcycle 90 % of my time. Only take the 4x4 if I go either for a big T5 building / quest or plan to spend a few days in another city / biome without going back to my base in the meantime.

If you drive the 4x4 in the Wasteland you better stay on the road.